DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight

Kian

Reactions
Hi,

I just did my first flight and everything seemed to go pretty well, however I kept getting red and yellow notifications. Have I done something wrong? Is something not working?

Hi,

I just did my first flight and everything seemed to go pretty well, however I kept getting red and yellow notifications. Have I done something wrong? Is something not working?
Howdy from Wyoming Kian, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Can you be more specific, what type of notifications? What do they say?

Hi,

A quick though is that you forgot to remove the gimbal lock? Hard to say without specifics.

To be honest I just saw a couple of notifications and got kind of nervous. I tried to use fixed wing mode but that didn't seem to work. I think I'm overreacting. And can I video myself when using the tracking mode? Sorry if this was a waste of time.

First off, welcome to the group and the Mavic family! Most likely the red and yellow warning lights are the obstacle avoidance system warnings. There are 2 sensors on the front of the Mavic if anything is detected by them you will see them pop up toward the top of the screen. In the case below the warnings are shown green and yellow, they will turn red the closer you get to an obstacle.
Phantom-4-Tracking-through-Tree.jpg

Reactions: Kian
First off, welcome to the group and the Mavic family! Most likely the red and yellow warning lights are the obstacle avoidance system warnings. There are 2 sensors on the front of the Mavic if anything is detected by them you will see them pop up toward the top of the screen. In the case below the warnings are shown green and yellow, they will turn red the closer you get to an obstacle.
Phantom-4-Tracking-through-Tree.jpg
THANKS!

Other warnings that may appear are warnings about unpaved runways and airports, or if you are in a restricted airspace etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52