DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 First Panorama Photos Brisbane, Australia

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Posting my first panoramic photos from my 7 day old Mini 2 :D

First time using the Affinity Photo trial to create the panoramic photo from DNG raws - a huge difference compared to the native Fly App's panoramic photo generation! But crazy how it eats into disk space once you work with the DNG raws - if you have tips please share How do you process and store your Drone photos, videos, logs etc? :)

According to AirData today there was 87% cloud cover :)

Attachments

• 100_0018-edit4.jpg
    100_0018-edit4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 100_0014-edit1.jpg
    100_0014-edit1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
The DNG files take up heaps of space, I clear them out as soon as I don’t need them.
Regards

Reactions: eva2000
Here’s a couple I took from above Ascot just after sunrise.

Attachments

• 6D175C4F-2B3E-418C-8568-2FFBC9361EDF.jpeg
    6D175C4F-2B3E-418C-8568-2FFBC9361EDF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 98682D82-E12E-4F74-8665-D09B369997D7.jpeg
    98682D82-E12E-4F74-8665-D09B369997D7.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 12
Yeah guess determining when you no longer need them is the question :)
For reference, on the advice of Michael Freeman I don't delete images. In one of his many books he wrote about revisiting images as equipment and skills changed.

I have reprocessed images I took in the 1980s, doing more with them than I was able to back then. (Including stitching panoramas, recovering dynamic range hidden in the film, etc.)

One of my best panoramas looked pretty lackluster when I first processed it, but after a few years new software and better skills let me turn a forgettable image into one that hangs on my wall. If I'd discarded the original files and only saved the processed panorama I'd never have been able to reprocess it.

Original:

Revisited:

My philosophy is that disk space is relatively cheap, so saving everything is less expensive than having to reshoot something because now I realize what I can do with an image.

One of my best panoramas looked pretty lackluster when I first processed it, but after a few years new software and better skills let me turn a forgettable image into one that hangs on my wall. If I'd discarded the original files and only saved the processed panorama I'd never have been able to reprocess it.
+1 I already revisited this thread's 1st pano photos and did a better job! I'd imagine my skills will only get better over time :)

I'd imagine my skills will only get better over time
They will.

I'd recommend Freeman's books if your library has them (or budget can afford them). His classic is The Photographer's Eye, which I've owned since he wrote it, and still discover new things I missed.

His book Mastering HDR Photography is also worth getting. Unlike some popular influencers, his philosophy is that people should be amazed at the picture rather than your technical wizardry, so everything should look natural.

Actually, all his books are worth getting (which is why I own them all) :)

(I bought my first Freeman book in 1985, when I got my first SLR, so he's been writing (and photographing) a while.)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143