DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Fisher Island Panorama Miami

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I had the pleasure of being invited for tennis today on Fisher Island, an exclusive enclave across the government cut where the cruise ships sail out to sea and back. Across the cut is Miami Beach. After tennis, I was able to take off from the marina and grab a stealth pano. The scene is shot from the point of the island, looking towards the city of Miami. Temperature about 80 degrees. Mavic 2 Pro, 21 shot pano, DNG developed in Panorama Studio 3 and Photoshop.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Fisher Island Panorama-2.4MB-4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Nice shot. I'm seeing a bunch of text over the marina when I zoom in though?
He was trying new software, and they had there logo on it, all the miss giving of the picture are the result of that.

He PM me for the full explanation, It was a quick flight up to show the exclusive beach area he was invited to.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Nice shot. I'm seeing a bunch of text over the marina when I zoom in though?
I am doing a trial of various 360 panorama programs before a purchase. This was shot with one of the programs and I tried to clone out and erase the watermark with Photoshop spot healing brush tool. That will explain the missing parts of the pilings, the wiggly sidewalk, etc. Your solution is NOT to zoom in too much!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I had the pleasure of being invited for tennis today on Fisher Island, an exclusive enclave across the government cut where the cruise ships sail out to sea and back. Across the cut is Miami Beach. After tennis, I was able to take off from the marina and grab a stealth pano. The scene is shot of the point of the island, looking towards the city of Miami. Temperature about 80 degrees. Mavic 2 Pro, 21 shot pano, DNG developed in Panorama Studio 3 and Photoshop.

Dale
Miami
Wow! That is incredible!! It should be framed and hanging in the Club House.

Beautiful picture Dale! And once you find your ideal software you can remix if desired. Nice you got that rather exclusive opportunity to get the shots!

I had the pleasure of being invited for tennis today on Fisher Island, an exclusive enclave across the government cut where the cruise ships sail out to sea and back. Across the cut is Miami Beach. After tennis, I was able to take off from the marina and grab a stealth pano. The scene is shot of the point of the island, looking towards the city of Miami. Temperature about 80 degrees. Mavic 2 Pro, 21 shot pano, DNG developed in Panorama Studio 3 and Photoshop.

Dale
Miami
Since you are trialing different software, have you tried running these same source images through PTGui or PTGui Pro? It's really the only way to see the differences the between various Pano processing software and why one program might be US$40/80 and another US$176/350.

I am assuming you used the automated 180 pano function in DJI GO4 to get your 21 images but I would also try the 360 pano function as well in both calm and in windy conditions (within the drones limits) to really see how the different pano software perform stitching. This way you will really start to see the limits of the pano software and the reason for the price differences between the low-end and high-end software. Also, since you live in a warm climate you may also want to try doing a completely manual pano and running the images through the various trial software to compare.

When it comes to panorama stitching software you really do pay for, for what you get.

Good luck with your quest for panorama software.

Chris

One other thing that may be of interest to you Dale that I want to mention - I know you are an avid photographer with your DSLRs and am not sure if you do land based panoramas with them but with higher end panoramic software like PTGui, I have found that I can shoot panoramas handheld much more easily and get great results because of the software.

I used to shoot panoramas with my Kaiden panoramic tripod head which I still have. I remember having to find the nodal point of my lens so that I would not have parallax errors in my resulting pano. Now I mostly shoot my panos handheld and the software does the rest. I can't remember the last time I used my panoramic tripod head. The only time I would consider another tripod head would be a specialized one for 360º photos.

Chris

Nice @Dale D Is that a nuclear power plant on left?

One other thing that may be of interest to you Dale that I want to mention - I know you are an avid photographer with your DSLRs and am not sure if you do land based panoramas with them but with higher end panoramic software like PTGui, I have found that I can shoot panoramas handheld much more easily and get great results because of the software.

I used to shoot panoramas with my Kaiden panoramic tripod head which I still have. I remember having to find the nodal point of my lens so that I would not have parallax errors in my resulting pano. Now I mostly shoot my panos handheld and the software does the rest. I can't remember the last time I used my panoramic tripod head. The only time I would consider another tripod head would be a specialized one for 360º photos.

Chris
Thanks Chris for both of those suggestions. I often do hand held vertical panoramas with the Nikon D750. (cameras held vertically), then stitch them beautifully in Photoshop merge to Panorama and then edit the final results in Adobe ACR (Adobe Camera Raw). I am also doing night (astro) panoramas. For my audiences, which are people in this forum and about 60 people on my photo list, the single row panos are mostly what I need. Most of these two groups (my photo list and Mavic Forum) do not really need to go into 360 full rotations. At my age the cost is not a real consideration (the cost is not a problem for me), it's the learning curve.

I will continue to experiment with the trial versions and watching the 6 or 7 lessons published by PT Gui.

Dale

Reactions: Chrislaf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt