DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixing 48MP image

astroprojector

Reactions
Hi There.

Is there a way to fix purple bloom in 48MP image. I shot a several images hoping to make panorama out of it, but there is a purple bloom in the middle of each image. I attached the individual frame and actual panorama. Notice there sky has purple spots in every shot.

Attachments

• PANO0001-11-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    PANO0001-11-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • PANO0012-6-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
Can’t see anything wrong I’m afraid 🤞Actually are you meaning the area just above centre?

Last edited:
I see the purple, but can not tell you why it is there. Do you see it in other 48 MP photos?
It is known that certain colour errors can occur in 48MP images because of the way the sensor works. It would be interesting if you could take the same panorama in 12MP mode to see if the same colour issue is there.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I see the purple, but can not tell you why it is there. Do you see it in other 48 MP photos?
It is known that certain colour errors can occur in 48MP images because of the way the sensor works. It would be interesting if you could take the same panorama in 12MP mode to see if the same colour issue is there.
I am not in Tel Aviv anymore. I will have to fine comparable scenery.

I've had a tinker with Lightroom... how's this? Do you have the RAW file?

Attachments

• FIXED.jpg
    FIXED.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 23
Well it just shows that you can fix this in Lightroom, if you know what you want it to look like which clearly I don't. There seems to be a touch more purple right in the middle which you can deal with with another mask.

If it's not happening on daytime fixtures, this could be a symptom of noise reduction or high ISO or the magic that makes the 48MP doesn't work so well in low light.

If it's not happening on daytime fixtures, this could be a symptom of noise reduction or high ISO or the magic that makes the 48MP doesn't work so well in low light.
The image was straight out of camera. No adjustments were done to it in LR.

I had a similar thing happen to panoramas that were automatically stitched on the drone. However, the purple was only appearing in the stitched jpg panorama and seemingly not in the 12mp DNGs, so not specifically the same problem you've encountered.

May I ask how do you create the panorama from the 48 MP images?
What software do you use?

I didn't have much success with Hugin panorama photo stitcher so far...

BTW - Great capture of old Jaffa with the Bloomfield lights on.

May I ask how do you create the panorama from the 48 MP images?
What software do you use?

I didn't have much success with Hugin panorama photo stitcher so far...

BTW - Great capture of old Jaffa with the Bloomfield lights on.
For blistering speed and surprisingly good accuracy, try Microsoft ICEv2.6. Freeware. Don't try using DNG's, only stitch the JPG's. HUGIN is still top-dog, but it is a bugger to get your head around quickly.

Reactions: erezgur
For blistering speed and surprisingly good accuracy, try Microsoft ICEv2.6. Freeware. Don't try using DNG's, only stitch the JPG's. HUGIN is still top-dog, but it is a bugger to get your head around quickly.

Another option is AutoStitch, which is perhaps the easiest to use because it doesn't require setting a zillion controls and options. Just load photos into it (in any order!), and it does the rest. And it's free. Available here: AutoStitch

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13