DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixing a strobe to the Mini. I found an efficient solution.

Just ordered a pack of micro mini usb dust covers from amazon for about $4.00 for 25 of them. Have to wait and see if these will work. If they work/don't work I will let everyone know. But for $4.00 dollars it is worth taking a chance. Can always use them for the phone I use as a display.

Reactions: Jimbosmith
Just ordered a pack of micro mini usb dust covers from amazon for about $4.00 for 25 of them. Have to wait and see if these will work. If they work/don't work I will let everyone know. But for $4.00 dollars it is worth taking a chance. Can always use them for the phone I use as a display.

Do report back - I wonder if the dust covers will have the rigidity to hold the light firmly in the socket.

I cut the end of a connector off and filed it down to make it straight to create mine. I had initially cut the connector out of its plastic sheathing, yet it didn’t provide a good base as a glue point that way.

Mark

Do report back - I wonder if the dust covers will have the rigidity to hold the light firmly in the socket.

I cut the end of a connector off and filed it down to make it straight to create mine. I had initially cut the connector out of its plastic sheathing, yet it didn’t provide a good base as a glue point that way.

Mark
I should be getting the dust covers tomorrow sometime. My arc 2 strobe won't be here for a couple days. But when I get the covers I will at least let you know if the covers are solid, flexible and how tight they fit in the charging port.

Interesting idea. I think I will stick, (pun intended), with Velcro on the door. I prefer firehouse 4 leds; they are brighter.
Will the Firehouse Arc fit between the rear legs of the Mini and not obstruct the bottom sensors or the aircraft status indicator ???

An advantage of having the strobe on the rear is being able to tell orientation. Should you lose phone contact, the strobe will allow you to face the rear of the AC toward you. Then the sticks are more intuitive for piloting the drone home.

Just got the usb dust covers i ordered. They will not work to mount a strobe. They are to flexible and do not fit tight enough in the charging port of the MM. So that being said, I will try the Ops idea. He has shown that his idea does work.

Just got the usb dust covers i ordered. They will not work to mount a strobe. They are to flexible and do not fit tight enough in the charging port of the MM. So that being said, I will try the Ops idea. He has shown that his idea does work.
Thanks for the update!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss