DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixing a strobe to the Mini. I found an efficient solution.

Jimbosmith

Reactions
Using a Flytron Strobon strobe, I super-glued one of those micro usb tips that comes with the quick attach cables for android phones etc.
It does not seem to affect compass. Can calibrate as normal. The bonus is its lightweight and can be removed without leaving anything on the drone like velcro or clips etc. Hope someone finds this useful.
348A8323-01.jpeg348A8325-02.jpeg348A8326.JPG

I like your idea, save for having to remove it each time to open battery door. Will have to give it some thought. I currently use black velcro on the door, but was changing to white for less visibility. Now you have given me some other options to consider. Thanks.

Love ingenuity. That and common sense seem to be a lost art these days. Good idea! Keep it up

I'm not a fan of a strobe just on the back. Then its only visible when going away. I use a bit of 3M Dual Lock and then put one on top and one on bottom of the drone.

I've not flown the Mini much at night, but on my M2P (which is my normal night flyer), I also do a red on the left and a green on the right. All using the 3M Dual Lock.

I like your idea, save for having to remove it each time to open battery door. Will have to give it some thought. I currently use black velcro on the door, but was changing to white for less visibility. Now you have given me some other options to consider. Thanks.
I think it would be possible to glue it in such a way that the door is still openable. I didn't consider that initially. I may reposition it. Its not been a big problem, I have only used the strobe at dusk, not every flight.

Sweet!

Do you think it will wear on the MM’s port/socket over time?

Thanks,
Mark
Very hard to say. But as I have the flymore combo, if the usb on the drone wears out I would not know as I charge batteries using the 3 battery pack. Also I transfer the data by putting sd card in a reader, so the usb port is redundant for me anyway.
Happy flying.

Very hard to say. But as I have the flymore combo, if the usb on the drone wears out I would not know as I charge batteries using the 3 battery pack. Also I transfer the data by putting sd card in a reader, so the usb port is redundant for me anyway.
Happy flying.

Ya I was thinking the same. I don’t really have a need nor I have used that port. Going to create the mount today at some point. Thanks for the creative idea ?

Mark.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of Super glue. Epoxy would be my preference. Neat idea.

I’m not a fan of Super glue. Epoxy would be my preference. Neat idea.

I used superglue and it took some time to cure. I was afraid the superglue might melt the plastic coating that holds the parts of the light together - thankfully it did not. I have yet to fly with it. It does seem secure. I like the idea of not having Velcro on my copter when I am not using the light :)

Mark

Reactions: Jimbosmith
I used superglue and it took some time to cure. I was afraid the superglue might melt the plastic coating that holds the parts of the light together - thankfully it did not. I have yet to fly with it. It does seem secure. I like the idea of not having Velcro on my copter when I am not using the light :)

Mark
I used superglue with an accelerator spray to speed it up.
UV glue may be another option. If I reposition my strobe I'm going to try UV glue.

theres a guy on face book who makes 3d mounts just for the mm

Interesting idea. I think I will stick, (pun intended), with Velcro on the door. I prefer firehouse 4 leds; they are brighter.

Using a Flytron Strobon strobe, I super-glued one of those micro usb tips that comes with the quick attach cables for android phones etc.
It does not seem to affect compass. Can calibrate as normal. The bonus is its lightweight and can be removed without leaving anything on the drone like velcro or clips etc. Hope someone finds this useful.
View attachment 89378View attachment 89379View attachment 89380

I have just ordered that strobe too.
I was going to use women's clear hair bands to hold it on. Tiny clear elastic bands effectively.
But your idea is brilliant. I may have to look into this a bit more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4