DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew in a cool place and got yelled at for it.. Crazy Lady

skip to 3:24. (Removed by moderator) . Guy doesnt even sweat it, goes on with vid.
Whereas the Lady will own being a (deleted by moderator) all day long

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm killing the thread but Wow, theres so many vids better than the two i posted.
peeping tomism:
I think we know why hes had problems with other people his wife
Also I think that is Haraldo rivera

nope

Reactions: BD0G
Some people are just naturally angry, she didn’t have to yell and carry-on, there’s a proper way to talk as adults, when you talk with respect you get better results. I just feel the yelling and carrying on was uncalled for.

I had a neighbor who must be late 60’s to 70 stop by my house and asked if I was the one who had “the drone”. When I said yes, she told me that she was in her yard wearing her pajamas and it flew over her property. She said that she does not want to be photographed in her pjs. I was nice...lol. I could have said one of the many things I was thinking, but I just reassured her that I didn’t photograph her.
“A soft answer turns away wrath”

Why do feel the need to do that .. she points at the drone

I might have said at that point "landscape photography". Did you try that?

I'm not sticking up for her, but sometimes a calm, candid response takes 'em down a notch.

"Just my camera on tripod, but up in the sky -- nothing to worry aboot."

Eh?

ps: I did get antsy though when they start using the 'creepy' word. Not a lot you can do when they start up with that hooey.

My ratio is about 1:10 . One person out of ten wants to create a confrontation and tell me what the laws are. Some want to get physical which is crazy ! I am flying a drone for god sakes.

When I see them stomping up towards me I keep my bird in the air and point the camera at them and myself. Never land. They can kick your drone - throw it in the ocean and a whole host of other not so nice things.

Plus it occupies a hand to pick it up and hold it when that hand may be needed to defend oneself.

After I do that I make sure my pepper spray canister is well within reach and allow them to see that I am adjusting it.

Then I continually state " I dont answer questions" Over and over again in a firm tone that does not cause me to raise my voice. I let them vent and if they direct a question or want response from me I state " I dont answer questions"

Then I just stare blankly at them. People by and large cannot handle an emotionless blank stare for long. Their intent is to drag you into thier world of hate and I prefer to stay in my own world of gleeful flying. Why dip into thier world even for a second?

Oh I see you prefer the passive aggressive approach, blank stare while armed with pepper spray, LOL

Reactions: BD0G
You have the right in Scotland
Trespass to land is a civil matter and as such the police have no jurisdiction. Under common law, the landowner has a right to re-entry on the land; however the ejection of the trespasser is fraught with danger for the landowner. Initially, the landowner should ask the occupier to leave the land and if he/she does then all is well. The problems start however, if he/she refuses to leave the land.

It is also a criminal offence under the Trespass Scotland Act 1865 for a person to lodge in premises, occupy or encamp on any private property, without the consent and permission of the owner.

Anything done by a member of the public in exercising their access rights under the Land Reform Scotland Act 2003 does not amount to trespass. The Scottish Outdoor Access Code details these rights and how they should be exercised.

The owner of the land could commit several criminal offences if he forcibly removes the trespasser and his/her property from the land. The best and safest course of action is to obtain a court order, which if breached may then turn into a criminal matter.

If the police do attend an incident such as this, they are merely there as observers for any possible criminal offences committed by either party. The police cannot assist in the removal of the trespassers or their property from the land in question.

The police do have some powers against larger groups of occupiers if damage has been caused. Trespass is very complex and guidance should be sought where appropriate.

View attachment 74438

NEIST POINT isle of Skye
That's my yacht in background
came ashore flew bird
took some pics hope you like
landed bird
lady comes up to me real close
I'm on my knees putting stuff in a bag
Why do feel the need to do that .. she points at the drone
anyhoo long conversation with her taking no other opinion than I'm a huligan and should be put to jail.

I asked her really nicely several times to go away and explained the thing was on the ground and we are leaving in our boat.

Still she rants on and on and sorry chaps I [Language removed by Admin] lose it.
Told her [Language removed by Admin] and put it on Facebook.
Lady is now going mental
my Mrs steps up and explains to said lady she needs to go immediately
Lady storms away to me lossing it telling her get of my island
We left and continued to enjoy sailing round this fab island
Hope you don't meet her.

View attachment 74441

I find it better for both parties to ignore crazy people. If they get physical, just look at them and say in your best Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry voice, "Are you sure you want to cross that line?"

D

If it was her property then maybe if she'd explained that it was "her" private property then she may of got a better response from the OP
It perhaps seems a little unreasonable though to believe you can ‘sail up’ to a piece of land and just do what takes your fancy.... I expect the little old lady was ‘tired’ of such visits as her approach was certainly not the best.

It perhaps seems a little unreasonable though to believe you can ‘sail up’ to a piece of land and just do what takes your fancy.... I expect the little old lady was ‘tired’ of such visits as her approach was certainly not the best.

Did you not read Post No.14??? SHE WAS A TOURIST, HE HAS LIVED THERE ALL HIS LIFE!

Reactions: Thomas B
A great advertisement for drone fliers everywhere.

Its behaviour like this that gets us a bad name and causes more and more regulations to come out...
If it was not a drone flyer it would be a dog Walker a fisherman a hiker a climber anybody that encroached on the island, this is just a mad woman.

Reactions: Drgnfli
These are gorgeous shots. Sometimes people are mean-spirited and just like to bring misery to other people. ?

I do most of my flying in areas requiring LAANC authorization, or at least a 107 (prior to the new recreational rules; haven't really bothered to look at how that might have changed things as far as where they can fly but I understand the 5-mile rule may have gone away). On the rare occasions (maybe 2 or 3) that someone's come up to me where I could tell they weren't happy, I managed to mention having FAA approval to fly in the first sentence or two, as casually as possible. "What are you doing here?" "Oh, flying my drone. Want to come look at the screen? You know, lots of people do it illegally around here [note: this is true where I fly], but I always make sure to get clearance from the FAA, which only licensed drone operators can get." Every time, that has diffused the situation.

Same here. Nevertheless, I have been thinking of wearing a safety vest with the words "FAA Licensed Commercial Drone Pilot... Stand Clear" on the back. You can buy them on Amazon and I still have the link to the original vest maker - $38.00. I agree with another poster who said one in ten is way too high a ratio. I'd rather ward them off when possible.
The OP never answered the query regarding property ownership. Not that one has to answer to any "Mr. Helper' who comes along looking to harass, but following the rules is what makes it possible to just give someone your card and say "if you have further concerns please give my card to the Police and ask them to contact me." If you have the property owner and your National Aviation Authority's permission to fly, you can't go wrong. Also, I remind any persistent 'helpers' that it is a Federal offense to interfere with, or fail to follow the directions of aircrew during flight operations. I invite them to leave their info with me, so that law enforcement may follow up.

If anyone else has had good luck (or the reverse) with a descriptive vest, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers

that ratio is unacceptable. if you were eating lunch on a bench in the city park and 1 out of 10 people came up to you and harassed you for eating a sandwich out in public, how would you feel?

that number is too high and if it's going to get higher, we're in trouble.
Tell them you have an "infectious disease", that should clear them out. And if you do, more the better!

Or you could not say anything and just throw small pebbles at her until she goes away :)

My ratio is about 1:10 . One person out of ten wants to create a confrontation and tell me what the laws are. Some want to get physical which is crazy ! I am flying a drone for god sakes.

When I see them stomping up towards me I keep my bird in the air and point the camera at them and myself. Never land. They can kick your drone - throw it in the ocean and a whole host of other not so nice things.

Plus it occupies a hand to pick it up and hold it when that hand may be needed to defend oneself.

After I do that I make sure my pepper spray canister is well within reach and allow them to see that I am adjusting it.

Then I continually state " I dont answer questions" Over and over again in a firm tone that does not cause me to raise my voice. I let them vent and if they direct a question or want response from me I state " I dont answer questions"

Then I just stare blankly at them. People by and large cannot handle an emotionless blank stare for long. Their intent is to drag you into thier world of hate and I prefer to stay in my own world of gleeful flying. Why dip into thier world even for a second?

Dude you're like the Buddha. When the day comes, if I can be this cool and collected it will be a major victory. I hope it's as easy for you as you make it sound!

Also...thanks for reminding me to grab the bear spray along with my flying kit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian