DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'Flight distance exceeded' permanent pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifthearl

Reactions
Hi folks, Is there anyway of getting rid of annoying 'Flight distance may exceed line of sight' permanent pop up? Bought Litchi because of this but do prefer DJI layout.

No.
Another good example of why updates can be something other than good.
Luckily, I have more than one iPad mini. One that is back on the app version that doesn’t have that little gem.

No.
Another good example of why updates can be something other than good.
Luckily, I have more than one iPad mini. One that is back on the app version that doesn’t have that little gem.
Cheers though is it possible to downgrade the app then?

When you find that avenue, please post.

Hi folks, Is there anyway of getting rid of annoying 'Flight distance may exceed line of sight' permanent pop up? Bought Litchi because of this but do prefer DJI layout.

I don't think you can disable it, but you can just tap the "X" on the message and dismiss it at least until the next flight. DJI added this "feature" recently as part of their public campaign to improve drone safety.

I don't think you can disable it, but you can just tap the "X" on the message and dismiss it at least until the next flight. DJI added this "feature" recently as part of their public campaign to improve drone safety.
Sadly this one immediately returns when you 'X' it.

I see. So you are deliberately flouting the law and complaining that the software is alerting you to that?
Here we go, there's always one! Shouldn't DJI have only made them to go a short distance then? I'm into range flying, if that's ok with you? Btw can you email Litchie and demand to know why they haven't got those those warnings then!

Here we go, there's always one! Shouldn't DJI have only made them to go a short distance then? I'm into range flying, if that's ok with you? Btw can you email Litchie and demand to know why they haven't got those those warnings then!

I'm not criticizing your flying - that's up to you and your conscience. I'm criticizing your whining.

IOS might be tougher, as I refuse to have anything to do w the Apple ecosystem. On Android, its as easy as uninstalling the current version, sourcing an earlier version of apk and installing it....

Reactions: Auminer
IOS might be tougher, as I refuse to have anything to do w the Apple ecosystem. On Android, its as easy as uninstalling the current version, sourcing an earlier version of apk and installing it....
But it’s not.... don’t want an Apple vs Android discussion started as it is just personal preference.

Reactions: dirkclod
Does that make you one of those people that think the rules don’t apply to them? ;)
You are new in this forum, but you should know sar104 is a veteran here who’s helped countless members find their lost drone, usually found more than 3800ft away.
I myself to fly beyond that distance and get that message (1.2km), I just put up with it.
It could be DJI is just covering themselves. If the pilot do get a fine from authorities, they can’t put the blame on DJI for not alerting them.

Try older versions of DJI Go.

Ignore the drone police, they tend to flare up if you respond to them, it's a best practice around these parts.

Reactions: digdat0
Does that make you one of those people that think the rules don’t apply to them? ;)
You are new in this forum, but you should know sar104 is a veteran here who’s helped countless members find their lost drone, usually found more than 3800ft away.
I myself to fly beyond that distance and get that message (1.2km), I just put up with it.
It could be DJI is just covering themselves. If the pilot do get a fine from authorities, they can’t put the blame on DJI for not alerting them.
I've been told! So considering you've probably exceeded the national speed limit by at least 1mph possibility 1000 times, probably in a 2ton truck, makes me a criminal with my 770g little machine flying open farmland!

Reactions: digdat0
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird