DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log Education

I have the DAT files from the Mavic and would like to convert them to .txt or .csv for upload. Is there a free tool for this?
I don't know of any tool that converts a DAT to a TXT. You can convert it to a CSV file with DatCon.

Ok, here is the deal. I purchased my Mavic used but the original owner didn't clear his DAT files off the Mavic so I am curious about his flying. Not a huge deal but I was looking for a way to convert. I tried to load them on to me iPad but the App didn't see them.
Ok, that makes sense. You have to download the DAT files from the Mavic using the DJI Assistant software, to be installed on a computer (don't believe a tablet will work).

Double checked on the iPad and in Assistant just now, here are screenshots so you can see for yourself:

View attachment 17747

View attachment 17748
I get it now, I think. You're running the latest version of the DJI Go App. Makes sense since the Go App produces the .txt. I guess that means it's not the change in AC firmware that caused the battery info to be written to the .txt. Rather, it as because of a newer Go App version that the battery info started being written to the .txt

I get it now, I think. You're running the latest version of the DJI Go App. Makes sense since the Go App produces the .txt. I guess that means it's not the change in AC firmware that caused the battery info to be written to the .txt. Rather, it as because of a newer Go App version that the battery info started being written to the .txt
That makes a lot of sense ;)

When you upload it to where?

Ok converted a smaller DAT (anything over 15mb is too large) to CSV but when I upload I get an error 5.
Not sure you can upload CSV files to them, but i understand you haven't got the txt files. The alternative is to use CsvView to view the data yourself. You'll get graphs like the ones I posted eralier in this thread.

I have the DAT files from the Mavic and would like to convert them to .txt or .csv for upload. Is there a free tool for this?
hey scott you don't need to convert DAT files.. it depends on the sort of informations you need but most of the times you need the TXT file flight log.. here is explained how to use your flight logs:

hey scott you don't need to convert DAT files.. it depends on the sort of informations you need but most of the times you need the TXT file flight log.. here is explained how to use your flight logs:
He hasn't got the txt logs because he bought the Mavic from someone else, and wants to have a look at the DAT files left on the aircraft.

Reactions: bucefalo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman