DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Safety Tips screen on Controller. PITA

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Lately (recent firmware?) I have been getting a Flight Safety Tip after I try to spin up my props. I have to click on a screen button for "Normal" after the warning and then I can actually spin up the props. I can't find anywhere to turn off this nonsense. It's on my pro controller but I think it may be happening on my other drones - can't recall. Any thoughts?

Reactions: mavictk and BigAl07
DJI is well aware. I have tried both options with ZERO difference in flight! DJI is aware of this also. Check the threads over there.

Reactions: BigAl07
DJI is well aware. I have tried both options with ZERO difference in flight! DJI is aware of this also. Check the threads over there.
Good to know. I've searched the forums at DJI for Flight Safety Tip with no result but if it's a known issue I'll stop worrying and just put up with it.

This is a HUGE Pain in the Tailfeathers!! I was hoping there was some type of "switch/button" we could click to disable that nonsense.

Reactions: rgarjr
This is a HUGE Pain in the Tailfeathers!! I was hoping there was some type of "switch/button" we could click to disable that nonsense.
There are a couple threads on the DJI forum. Check this thread. Especially the DJI response to my posts.

Yup, on the RC2 too.

Does this have something to do with the new feature on the MP4 allowing VPS to be disabled for close-ground flight? I haven't examined it in detail, just hit normal to dismiss it.

I think it's an extra safety measure to enable VPS if disabled it on your previous flight. But it should only show if you've disabled VPS.

Yup, on the RC2 too.

Does this have something to do with the new feature on the MP4 allowing VPS to be disabled for close-ground flight? I haven't examined it in detail, just hit normal to dismiss it.

I think it's an extra safety measure to enable VPS if disabled it on your previous flight. But it should only show if you've disabled VPS.

I don't disable anything. I just fly and fly and fly and about every 4th (maybe more) fresh restart I get that "Flight Safety Tips" message. I'm going now to review the links @mobilehomer shared with us. :)

I don't disable anything. I just fly and fly and fly and about every 4th (maybe more) fresh restart I get that "Flight Safety Tips" message. I'm going now to review the links @mobilehomer shared with us. :)

Sorry to say no joy... just DJI basically saying yeah, it does that 🙄

VPS ? Volume Pressure System.... Very Pretty Sun.... Virtual Place SSSSSS.. Ah....the internet reveals...Virtual Positioning System. How does one enable or disable that? OK...I'll answer that too.... How to Fly Safely Over Water - DJI Guides But I don't think that's available for me on any of my DJI Fly app screens. I'll have to check. That link is not running the current DJI Fly app as far as I can tell.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas