DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flotation device?

rctoyguy

Reactions
I've always been hesitant to fly over water... but want to start. What are some flotation options that can be strapped to a MA2 in case it does take a dive in the lake? Having one sink is the worse case scenario for me.

I've always been hesitant to fly over water... but want to start. What are some flotation options that can be strapped to a MA2 in case it does take a dive in the lake? Having one sink is the worse case scenario for me.
Flotation devices for drones are good for only one thing ... giving nervous flyers a false sense of security.
The degree to which they reduce the aerodynamic performance of your drone is more likely to contribute to the loss of the drone than to enhance flight safety.
Forget the idea, save your money and get flight experience which will increase your confidence.

I appreciate the reply - I didn't know if there is some kind of quick/auto deploy thing or something. I've been flying for years and have had my 107 for about 3.5 - just always been a little afraid of water and the potential for equipment failure that no flight experience would account for.

Reactions: Thanev
I appreciate the reply - I didn't know if there is some kind of quick/auto deploy thing or something. I've been flying for years and have had my 107 for about 3.5 - just always been a little afraid of water and the potential for equipment failure that no flight experience would account for.
I,too feel the same.I am under the belief that in order for care refresh to be honored,the drone needs to be recovered.Having it glitch out over a deep body of water and sink to the bottom doesn't sound that great

Reactions: rctoyguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin