DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly away immediately at launch

Ahh you might need to use the I tunes thing, HOW TO: Retrieve DJI Phantom Flight Logs from an Apple Device | Phantom Help

I think Meta4 will need the DAT file which should be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder. From what I can see in the txt flight log your flight went bananas and reached 964m at its highest. I think you did stop the motors because the data seems to stop at that height and if memory serves me correctly the txt flight logs is recorded only whilst the motors are running or maybe the connection was lost.
The DAT file is recorded from drone power on to power off.
Here is the video you requested. Keep in mind I didn’t start the video until about 10-20 seconds into the free fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
@TechieBrad89 any comment on my accessory question above?

Also, was there fog/smoke in the air where you were flying?

Absolutely amazing!

Here is the video you requested. Keep in mind I didn’t start the video until about 10-20 seconds into the free fall.

That's interesting and somewhat encouraging as it suggests the mini stays upright in a freefall and, because of that, a mid air motor stop and restart might work. That said mine's still a bit too new for me to try it lol
At approxomately -13s there is a major camera pitch up and down, was that you fiddling with the gimbal control?

Do or did you have the app set to sync your flight records with DJI?

If so I am wondering if that's where your DAT file went. I have had a look on an Iphone I sometimes use with the fly app and it contains an appropriate amount of DAT logs for the txt logs that are also there.
If the DAT file was deleted as a consequence of a sync I have a vague recollection of reading that you can get a copy, via email, from DJI.

The link is working for me though I have to click on the "not now" or something similar button at the bottom of the register window that pops up

sorry.
Try copying and pasting this.
“https://fb.watch/1uSWyz7L4r/“

remove the quotes. I included quotes so the forums wouldn’t automatically make it a link with a video preview.

That's interesting and somewhat encouraging as it suggests the mini stays upright in a freefall and, because of that, a mid air motor stop and restart might work. That said mine's still a bit too new for me to try it lol
At approxomately -13s there is a major camera pitch up and down, was that you fiddling with the gimbal control?

Do or did you have the app set to sync your flight records with DJI?

If so I am wondering if that's where your DAT file went. I have had a look on an Iphone I sometimes use with the fly app and it contains an appropriate amount of DAT logs for the txt logs that are also there.
If the DAT file was deleted as a consequence of a sync I have a vague recollection of reading that you can get a copy, via email, from DJI.
I was messing with the gimbal, so I could see where it was crashing.
I do see the data file in the DJI app. It’s weird that when I download the text files on my PC that they’re slightly different.

If by "data file in the DJI app" you mean what is shown in the flight record section of your "profile" I think those are derived from the txt flightlogs which you have already posted. If you mean something else then sorry, I am lost.

If some files i.e. DAT files, have appeared since your earlier posts I think you will be looking for a file with the name 20-10-31-04-ab-cd_FLY032.DAT or 2020-10-31-04-ab-cd_FLY032.DAT

The FLY032 bit comes from the underlined on the front page of the output of CsvView.

Attachments

• front page of csvview & DAT nos.png
    front page of csvview & DAT nos.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: TechieBrad89
If by "data file in the DJI app" you mean what is shown in the flight record section of your "profile" I think those are derived from the txt flightlogs which you have already posted. If you mean something else then sorry, I am lost.

If some files i.e. DAT files, have appeared since your earlier posts I think you will be looking for a file with the name 20-10-31-04-ab-cd_FLY032.DAT or 2020-10-31-04-ab-cd_FLY032.DAT

The FLY032 bit comes from the underlined on the front page of the output of CsvView.
Sorry. I was referring to the FLY0 files I haven’t been able to locate.

on another note - I did email DJI. I wanted to bring this to their attention. I think this was a one time minor glitch, but I’d like to rule out a defective drone.

I will keep this thread posted with the solution/explanation DJI provides me.

@TechieBrad89 was there fog/smoke in the air where you were flying?

From the video I find it odd also it didn’t tumble. Most I have seen do. To be moving the gimble you must have powered it back on
or am I missing something.

From the video I find it odd also it didn’t tumble. Most I have seen do. To be moving the gimble you must have powered it back on
or am I missing something.
Once the rotors were killed I still had control of the gimbal for some reason.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan