DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly away immediately at launch

No fog/smoke or any bad conditions. It was a clear day and it wasn’t windy. Once the drone was up that high I did get some rough weather alerts though.
Got it. I was asking because your log is showing the drone was attempting to avoid an obstacle while returning home -- which is likely what was making it climb.

1604269052753.png

Reactions: TechieBrad89
Uuuuum this drone is a Mini, albeit a temporarily? mixed up one, lol. That I know of it has no obstacle avoidance capabilities unless you count the landing protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uuuuum this drone is a Mini, albeit a temporarily? mixed up one, lol That I know of it has no obstacle avoidance capabilities unless you count the landing protection.
That’s what I thought he was referring to - the bottom sensors for landing.

That I know of it has no obstacle avoidance capabilities unless you count the landing protection
Right, those messages could only be related to the bottom sensors. And when those sensors detect an obstacle while landing (like fog), it'll make the drone ascend.

May I know how the text description in the mentioned field can be obtained ? I have always been able to get a numerical value only.
Those numerical values apparently mean the following:

0 = STANDBY
1 = PREASCENDING
2 = ALIGN
3 = ASCENDING
4 = CRUISE
7 = OTHER

I believe those were pulled from the first TXT log format at the time when it wasn't encrypted. Looking back at some of my oldest logs, it appears that field was always showing bogus data (if associating it to the above descriptions). I'm not sure what that data represents.

The OSD.goHomeStatus field definitely shows the accurate go home status.

1604319811573.png

The HOME.goHomeStatus field seems to just be a false flag. So, back to square one I guess.

Reactions: boblui
Whoops missed the following, sorry. "Right, those messages could only be related to the bottom sensors. And when those sensors detect an obstacle while landing (like fog), it'll make the drone ascend."
So, was "Backing up to avoid obstacle" your translation of a numerical code, I am just wondering why it says "Backing up" rather than "climbing" etc.

Also do you know the meaning of "6" in the HOME.goHomeStatus column? Thanks

Attachments

• go home status.png
    go home status.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 25
Also do you know the meaning of "6" in the HOME.goHomeStatus column? Thanks
No -- that's what I was just mentioning in my last post above. I'm not sure what those values map to.

From the video I find it odd also it didn’t tumble. Most I have seen do. To be moving the gimble you must have powered it back on
or am I missing something.
Well at that point it's like u would have your drone on and fiddling with it at the kitchen table or outside on the ground u will always be able to mess with your gimble's pitch and settings, everything besides motors is on unless he tries to restart motors....All he did was just kill motors....but yes he could have checked on his batteries whole falling, changed photo settings lol tried to do a pano lol....i think to shut entire drone of in air is still impossible and not a thing...

Op i would just send it to dji i wouldn't trust that drone ever again.... And considering the almighty drone gods we're def with u that day! That won't ever happen again as far as walking away without scratches, it still flying, etc....u shouldn't have to use one of your claims.... This should be a clear cut warranty case

Reactions: SB Condor
I've seen vids where people killed the rotors and then did a restart before it hit the ground. Takes little bit of luck though....lol.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e