DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away

WOW DJI's report from my flight data very suppprised quite laughable see below

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded to the pilot's commands well;
2. Flight Time T=03:30, Relative Height H=156.4 m, Distance to Home Point D=504.5 m, the pilot pushed forward the pitch stick and moved the yaw stick to the right, the flight record ended when the aircraft was turning clockwise and flying forward at the speed of 13.7 m/s;
3. The take-off point: 53.5431494 -2.2553087; The last recorded point: 53.5393805 -2.2510587.

Based on the currently available data, the root cause of the incident could not be verified.

Are they serious , they offered me 30% of a new one i refused and wrote back asking for a more detailed report and to confirm it was pilot error

Thanks
doesnt say pilot error from what im reading if it did dont think they would offer even 30%

Reactions: deltamike
WOW DJI's report from my flight data very suppprised quite laughable see below

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded to the pilot's commands well;
2. Flight Time T=03:30, Relative Height H=156.4 m, Distance to Home Point D=504.5 m, the pilot pushed forward the pitch stick and moved the yaw stick to the right, the flight record ended when the aircraft was turning clockwise and flying forward at the speed of 13.7 m/s;
3. The take-off point: 53.5431494 -2.2553087; The last recorded point: 53.5393805 -2.2510587.

Based on the currently available data, the root cause of the incident could not be verified.

Are they serious , they offered me 30% of a new one i refused and wrote back asking for a more detailed report and to confirm it was pilot error

Thanks

30% discount is DJI's standard offer when the cause of the loss cannot be determined (i.e. not clearly pilot error or equipment failure) and the aircraft is not returned to them.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi Peter,

Just out of interest, and for my benefit, knowing what you have experienced, if the same scenario happened again would you have done anything different in respect of finding your a/c.

My P3A had a tree jump out on it and it was just by luck that I then discovered that by looking at the controller screen and walking towards the last sighting location that the controller circle moved towards the aircraft symbol. That was back in the early days of my drone flying. We live and learn I guess.

Anyway, I found the P3A and nearly trod on it in the long grass. THAT would have been pilot error.

Really sorry to hear that you never found your a/c.

If its any consolation, I feel that the battery error is down to DJI if you still had the a/c location on your screen. If you did not, then it could be argued that you did not insert it properly which is very unlikely.

A grey area all round.

Hi Deltamike, i have probably had around 10 hrs looking for it i think it is either in the canopy or the lake or somebody picked it up, i have reported the loss to the registry people. I agree with you i have had loose battery errors before at take off never a few minutes into a flight. They have offered me 30% of a new one which if i cant get no joy will have to do. My 1st mavic way back in 2016 fell out of the sky infront of me i had care then there was no problem, my pro 2 has no care as it is 15 months old now but still under warranty.

30% discount is DJI's standard offer when the cause of the loss cannot be determined (i.e. not clearly pilot error or equipment failure) and the aircraft is not returned to them.

Ahhh i see, will see what they say next, was totally suprised at the vauge report though, thanks

What model Mavic did you loose Peter?

They have offered me 30% of a new one which if i cant get no joy will have to do.

Be off the drone and battery only, be interesting to see how much it is compared to a full kit.
Hopefully not a huge hit with the 30% discount.
Good luck with it all, maybe invest in a velcro strap for restraining the battery, first accessory Id buy if I had an M2.

Thanks Pete. I also have a 2 pro and cannot for the life of me figure out how the battery came loose. There is a definite click as you put the battery on and then its locked solid. Something for me to watch out for in the future. Once my battery is locked before a flight then I will give it a tug to make sure it really is locked. If I find one time that it is loose then I will let you know and that may be something to report to DJI.

Thanks Pete. I also have a 2 pro and cannot for the life of me figure out how the battery came loose. There is a definite click as you put the battery on and then its locked solid. Something for me to watch out for in the future. Once my battery is locked before a flight then I will give it a tug to make sure it really is locked. If I find one time that it is loose then I will let you know and that may be something to report to DJI.
This with popping batteries for the M2 series isn't unusual at all, swampy release buttons over time due to spring fatigue that makes the lock in weaker, then batteries swelling during flight when they getting hot & pop it out. Usually this happens with quick pitch changes like letting of elevator stick quickly in sport mode.

Check this out ...

cannot for the life of me figure out how the battery came loose. There is a definite click as you put the battery on and then its locked solid.

Have you seen quite a few threads on the forum about the M2 batteries being a little more prone to swelling when warmed up / hot ?
Usually lipos swell when warm, some more than others.
There are quite a few crash threads where the batteries have been ejected, possibly due to this.
Perhaps worse when the drone is flown in sports mode, or if fighting wind / working harder etc.

This is a really good thread post a short while back, has a photo of the M2 battery and M1 side by side.
Shows how little room for swelling there is on the M2 battery . . .

Ta Pete. Never heard about that so I will do a bit of research on this. Thats a bit worrying and if that's the case then the fault lies with DJI. Perseverance with your claim is called for here I reckon.

Interesting - I've only seen this once before. The txt log is quite badly corrupted, but fixable, and the downlink was solid until the log stops. I see a couple of possibilities, the first being interference from the microwave array adjacent to the flight path. But disregarding the errors in the log file, the most notable feature is that the log ends immediately after the elevator is centered from full forwards, which causes a sudden positive pitch excursion.

View attachment 98553

That maneuver has resulted in a number of battery disconnects if the battery was not properly latched. In support of that hypothesis, the smart battery was reporting a communication error starting at 178 seconds:

View attachment 98554

If that were the case then the aircraft will have shut down or rebooted, and crashed. Based on its final velocity and height, and taking wind into account, that gives a predicted descent path as shown below in green:

View attachment 98557

View attachment 98556

Looks like it might have made it beyond the trees into that cleared area, so maybe worth a look.

Can you retrieve any flight data from a GL200A rc used with a Mavic Pro Platinum?

The Tower in the front of the picture, do you know what kind of stuff ist installed on it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78