DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away

Wow thanks a lot, based on your report it doesnt look like i have a leg to stand on with DJI, will head up there shortly and have a look as that is where i go for my daily excersize will let you know how i get on, again thanks alot
Any luck finding the drone?

If it's radar and you get too close, it can drop your aircraft right to the ground.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW!

Chris

It's not radar, but those are microwave horns. I had wondered if they might be causing the logging errors, if not the actual flight problem.

Reactions: Bob L
It's not radar, but those are microwave horns. I had wondered if they might be causing the logging errors, if not the actual flight problem.

It is a bt tower and mostly decomissioned 3 years ago you could not see the the tower for aeriels and dishes have flew here once when it was fully live with no issues

Reactions: sar104
They look nice, and I want one, but I gotta justify it. I couldn't when I bought my Mavic 2 Pro last week. So, looking for a little more experience as to WHY it would be a good add-on.

Thanx!

Great thread here folks!
Smart controllers are costly i have had mine over a year now and would not have anything else , the main thing being turn on connected and away no phone and the screen is a delight in sunlight, i have 4 batteries and when i have used them there is around 30% left, you wont be dissapointed

Reactions: zeddock
No mate have spent a good while looking for it think its in the canopy
You would thing someone would invent a locator. Maybe some sort of gps beacon. After all they have other attachments. Even if it would just get you close. It could have a timer that could be set to go off in say 3O minutes or so after takeoff then reset after landing. Seems like there are a lot of lost birds out there.
Just a though.

You would thing someone would invent a locator. Maybe some sort of gps beacon. After all they have other attachments. Even if it would just get you close. It could have a timer that could be set to go off in say 3O minutes or so after takeoff then reset after landing. Seems like there are a lot of lost birds out there.
Just a though.

There are lots of options for that.

Reactions: Bob L
I was a land surveyor and when ever we had to work under or around high voltage lines, I'm talking about the high voltage transfer lines, we had trouble with our total stations. (computerized instruments). Had to move away from them. I would suspect they would also have an affect on a drone. I have never flown close to this type of power line.

I was a land surveyor and when ever we had to work under or around high voltage lines, I'm talking about the high voltage transfer lines, we had trouble with our total stations. (computerized instruments). Had to move away from them. I would suspect they would also have an affect on a drone. I have never flown close to this type of power line.

These drones are mostly unaffected by high-voltage transmission lines - not enough current flowing to cause problems.

Just a though.

Besides the several drone specific locator beacons, something like the ARCXL might be good for this sort of event . . . it has the 90db audible alarm as well as the 1000 lumen strobe.

Goes off if the drone(strobe) does not detect movement for 4 Minutes.

FHT ARC XL STROBE / ALARM

Reactions: Thomas B
The flight logs are in the mobile device you used when you flew, nothing is saved in the RC you refer to ...see here under point 3 on how to retrieve them --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide
The problem is my mobile device battery died while I was flying and I was only using the RC. Every time I pushed the RTH button the RC went into RTH mode and the drone elevated to set altitude and said it was retiring home but then wouldn’t come home. I switched back to manual and it would only respond to going up/down and then when back to RTH mode it would reposition 20 yards over and to the set elevation and then start landing so I would switch back to manual because it was landing in the lake not at the home point. The battery finally died and it landed in the lake and disappeared. I hope to find this summer.
This was on the 4th of July, so wondering if it’s possible that fireworks going off nearby could have caused it not to respond?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet