DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly aways due to compass errors

Hi there, new member.
I was flying my MM in low light. Took off and immediatly flew side ways in to a wall, breaking the front left arm. Managed to do a glue repair. Reset Compass and IMU.
Let glue cure then gave it heaps in sport mode at low altitude in my back yard. All seemed well. Including the camera.
Took it for a fly last night 30 seconds into the flight it started dropping with no response from the sticks, hit the ground (concrete) at some speed, bounced up and i was then able to resume control. Flew tentatively for another 7 minutes and all seemed well. I would appreciate members thoughts and advice on this. Cheers

• Sad
Reactions: Prismatic
Hi there, new member.
I was flying my MM in low light. Took off and immediatly flew side ways in to a wall, breaking the front left arm. Managed to do a glue repair. Reset Compass and IMU.
Let glue cure then gave it heaps in sport mode at low altitude in my back yard. All seemed well. Including the camera.
Took it for a fly last night 30 seconds into the flight it started dropping with no response from the sticks, hit the ground (concrete) at some speed, bounced up and i was then able to resume control. Flew tentatively for another 7 minutes and all seemed well. I would appreciate members thoughts and advice on this. Cheers
Sorry to hear your troubles. For the best advice and info, follow the instructions in this post: Flight log retrieval and analysis guide
Experts are literally standing by to help! Good luck.

It could have been a compass error, or ATTI mode due to lack of GPS and low light.
I'm thinking more about no GPS and the VPS getting confused by the ground's appearance due to the low light since I had exactly the same with my MM. VPS does tend to get confused and think it's moving when it's not, and thus compensating the other way and throwing itself away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet