DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying 50m from ground, hyper-lapse video shaking

mixan

Reactions
I’m testing the hyperlapse mode yesterday for the 2nd time.

Flying 51m from ground, + interval 2s/duration 10s.. the video output shows some shaking up n down .. is this due to flying too low (as there’s YouTube video saying don’t fly too low).. and I’m always assume that the gimbal will handle the situation (heavy wind n etc) ? ‘Parker Welbeck in his YouTube channel also have similar expression on this issue. Well, check this out:

Thank you

You can use a Warp Stabilizer in Premiere to smooth that right out. Want me to run it through for you?
Upload original clip (.mp4) to dropbox or somewhere?

Wind is pushing on the gimbal / camera as the Mavic moves forward and modifying the angle ever so slightly so that gives the up and down in the timelapse. One way to slightly mitigate this is to fly sideways with the camera pointed outwards so the wind is hitting the gimbal/ camera from the side. Its still there even when flying sideways , but usually a bit less.

Unfortunately, yes. I've had similar in my tests. It's not as noticeable from higher up, but still present. Conditions were pretty still when I was out shooting these but it didn't seem to matter.

Reactions: mixan
You can use a Warp Stabilizer in Premiere to smooth that right out. Want me to run it through for you?
Upload original clip (.mp4) to dropbox or somewhere?

Wind is pushing on the gimbal / camera as the Mavic moves forward and modifying the angle ever so slightly so that gives the up and down in the timelapse. One way to slightly mitigate this is to fly sideways with the camera pointed outwards so the wind is hitting the gimbal/ camera from the side. Its still there even when flying sideways , but usually a bit less.

Hi, you may go through the original clip : Dropbox - Video 11-01-2019, 2 00 27 AM.mp4

Thank you [emoji846][emoji1303]

I just downloaded your clip from YouTube and ran it through the Warp Stabilizer and the effect is still very noticeable.

This bouncing effect tends to happen when there are vertical structures in the Hyperlapse. In order to correct this the process is fairly involved.

I am going to start using the process in the following YouTube Video to true up my Hyperlapses , but it will take repetition of the process over and over again to become competent. Its an advanced technique that a member here let me know about. I would need the individual pictures to attempt this. .DNG files would be best.

Last edited:
I just downloaded your clip from YouTube and ran it through the Warp Stabilizer and the effect is still very noticeable.

This bouncing effect tends to happen when there are vertical structures in the Hyperlapse. In order to correct this the process is fairly involved.

I am going to start using the process in the following YouTube Video to true up my Hyperlapses , but it will take repetition of the process over and over again to become competent. Its an advanced technique that a member here let me know about. I may try and use your clip as a training exercise.

Very informative! Will save my day at least. [emoji846][emoji1303]

They are on the SD Card itself or perhaps on the Internal memory for the Mavic 2. If they are on the internal memory then one needs to hook up a USB cable to the Mavic 2 to pull them from internal memory.

They are on the SD Card itself or perhaps on the Internal memory for the Mavic 2. If they are on the internal memory then one needs to hook up a USB cable to the Mavic 2 to pull them from internal memory.
yup. currently, it is inside the internal storage. I'll try to retrieve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661