DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cjmusante

Reactions
Site
www.motocliffnotes.info
I'm taking a motorcycle trip through Russia, China and other Asian countries, and I'm planning on bringing my Mavic Air drone with me. I've heard that I must register my drone in order to enter China, but I'm not really clear on all of the requirements, and how best to solve them. So, I've got a few questions...

1. I've heard that in order to register a drone in China, I must provide a valid cell phone number, which is assigned a Chines telephone number. Does anyone have experience trying to register a drone to fly in China, before arriving at the border?
  2. Is it possible to register the drone at the Chinese border, upon arrival? If so, would I need to purchase a burner phone, and cell phone service? If so, does anyone know if I'd be able to do this kind of thing, entering China from Kyrgyzstan, at Route EM-02 / S309? This entry point does not appear to be a city, or to have any facilities?
  3. If I'm unable to purchase a cell SIM card, or burner phone, does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?

• Sad
Reactions: Madmax229
I'm taking a motorcycle trip through Russia, China and other Asian countries, and I'm planning on bringing my Mavic Air drone with me. I've heard that I must register my drone in order to enter China, but I'm not really clear on all of the requirements, and how best to solve them. So, I've got a few questions...

1. I've heard that in order to register a drone in China, I must provide a valid cell phone number, which is assigned a Chines telephone number. Does anyone have experience trying to register a drone to fly in China, before arriving at the border?
  2. Is it possible to register the drone at the Chinese border, upon arrival? If so, would I need to purchase a burner phone, and cell phone service? If so, does anyone know if I'd be able to do this kind of thing, entering China from Kyrgyzstan, at Route EM-02 / S309? This entry point does not appear to be a city, or to have any facilities?
  3. If I'm unable to purchase a cell SIM card, or burner phone, does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?

One of the members on this forum shared this with me: How to Fly and Register a Drone in China | Updated 2019 Regulations

I'm going to China in Sept, I hope getting a Chinese sim would allow for registration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929