DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying a drone in South America

Magne Håheim

Reactions
Hi guys!

I’m a Norwegian drone pilot and traveller. Tomorrow I’m heading to South America with my new Panasonic GH5. I’m going to make some travel vlogs, and some travel films. I’m so confused. Should I bring my Mavic or not? I really want to make some nice drone footages for my projects, but I’v heard it’s bit of an hassle. I’m going to make a spontaneous trip, so I don’t know what countries to visit yet. I have my flight ticket to Brazil, and return ticket back from Peru. Has anyone here been traveling in South America with a drone?

Have a good day!

Hi guys!

I’m a Norwegian drone pilot and traveller. Tomorrow I’m heading to South America with my new Panasonic GH5. I’m going to make some travel vlogs, and some travel films. I’m so confused. Should I bring my Mavic or not? I really want to make some nice drone footages for my projects, but I’v heard it’s bit of an hassle. I’m going to make a spontaneous trip, so I don’t know what countries to visit yet. I have my flight ticket to Brazil, and return ticket back from Peru. Has anyone here been traveling in South America with a drone?

Have a good day!

Too late here to help you probably but if you took it, all the best. I'm doing the opposite - from the UK, I'm off to Norway in August and can't wait.

Always welcome to Norway. August is a great month to visit my country :)

I still have a couple of hours until I have to leave Oslo, and I'm still not sure if I will carry my drone or not. I really will love to carry it, but I'm aware that I might loose it, gets it confiscated or something similar. It's also weight in my back pack, so I have to see. My GH5 will join me for sure, but I have to make a decision about my drone. I will probably regret not brining it, but I will also loose some weight, and get some problems less if I leave it at home. But, I will loose a lot of great footage, so I need to make a decision very soon!

Always welcome to Norway. August is a great month to visit my country :)

I still have a couple of hours until I have to leave Oslo, and I'm still not sure if I will carry my drone or not. I really will love to carry it, but I'm aware that I might loose it, gets it confiscated or something similar. It's also weight in my back pack, so I have to see. My GH5 will join me for sure, but I have to make a decision about my drone. I will probably regret not brining it, but I will also loose some weight, and get some problems less if I leave it at home. But, I will loose a lot of great footage, so I need to make a decision very soon!
Oh sorry, thought you'd already gone to SA. I would only take it if you are prepared to lose it. I used to live in Venezuela, place called Cerro Verde, Caracas. Now parts of South America are very safe and friendly but there is a lot and I mean a lot of chronic poverty there and so crime is high. If I was you I wouldn't, unless you really don't mind if you lose it.

Hello Magne

We have new rules to fly drones on Brazil, you need to register the drone and the flying with the "local FAA". The process is simple but it will be hard for a anynone that dont speak english. However, the no one is really enforcing those rules, you will very unlucky if a policeman asked your permit.

The main problem is the customs check. They are looking for expensive drones and they can retain your drone if it does not have ANATEL label. Latest mavic pros have this label under the battery.

Please let me know if you need more info

Regards

Eduardo

Reactions: FL1H1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore