DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying around a cell tower

maggior

Reactions
A few weeks ago I messed around with the "point of interest" feature of my MA2. Got some cool views of a cell tower up close and personal! I wasn't as close as the video makes it seem. It's interesting that as you aim the camera down things appear closer and can make it seem like you are descending. Got some cool shots of the surrounding area also.

My drone comes back from repair today and I can't wait to get back to flying!

Last edited:
Great video! Very Scenic - I'm guessing that one plot of land was a Community Garden area? I liked how you yaw'd till it was square and stopped.

Reactions: maggior
My guess, a garden also. I remember "Victory" gardens when I was a tike.
Video nice smooth and slow............good job Captain. Two thumbs up.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

@Prop Wash and @PANTHER You guys are correct, it is a community garden. I only wanted a quarter turn of the yaw but I wanted that clip to end on a particular beat in the music. It's amazing how precise the drone will fly and I was able to stop the rotation on a dime like that.

Not long ago when reviewing an MA2 video, out approx 6000 ft. I had flown between the two outside wires of a 3 wire per side cell tower support....scary!

Not long ago when reviewing an MA2 video, out approx 6000 ft. I had flown between the two outside wires of a 3 wire per side cell tower support....scary!
Wow, definitely scary. That reminds me of a video I watched where somebody flew in between the wires of some high tension wire lines. I commented on that part and it turned out he had no idea that happened!! He was quite lucky!

Wow, that's awesome!! Which drone did you film that with?

When we go on vacation next month I hope to get some poi shots of a water tower.

Mavic 2 Pro. I've got quite a few tower videos on my channel including a water tower under construction. Workers were kinda confused about who was watching them. LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe