DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying crooked

detectorguy

Reactions
I was out flying at 289 ft high when my drone started flying sideways. I reviewed the video and could not see anything that hit it, It just started flying and recording sideways. any ideas ?

I was out flying at 289 ft high when my drone started flying sideways. I reviewed the video and could not see anything that hit it, It just started flying and recording sideways. any ideas ?

You should try posting the video, but it sounds like you may have entered into Atti mode and than reconnected to GPS . if you post the Logs , it would show if that happened.
Also if it flying well now ,, than most likely a possibility.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Did you get it back? If so how?
You are probably going to be asked for the flight logs.
For an android phone connected via USB to a windows computer the .txt flight logs will be found via the following path
Computer\phone-name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you have an RC1A controller then it is likely that, in there, there will also be a folder named "MCDatFlightRecords" the latter may contain .DAT flight logs.
If you have an RC1A controller then it is unlikely that you will have the MCDatFlightRecords folder or the .DAT logs.
The structure for Apple stuff is similar but I think you need to use iTunes etc. to get at the logs

I got it back in good working order , but when it came back you could see that in fact it was flying sideways. The next flight I took it up and all is normal. Just seemed strange.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I think you may be describing normal actions. You don't say which model you have, the only model I'm familiar with, is the MM. It doesn't automatically fly in trim . It will yaw and even fly backwards, this allows dolly shots.
Next time you're up, pay more attention to the stick positions relative to direction of flight. If you get too far away from your home position and don't have good visual on the aircraft you won't be able to tell if your in trim or flying sideways.
Edit:. I stand corrected. Show us your DAT file.

Last edited:
I was flying the mavic 2 zoom in good weather little to no wind. I do have additional lights on the drone so I can see green, red, and white lights so I know which way she is positioned in the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus