DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

montadar

Reactions
Hello. I'm planning to travel to Otago, specifically to Queenstown, Te Anau, Wanaka and Lake Tekapo when it eventually opens up. In the airshare map, there are many unmarked places that I thought didn't need any permission to fly but as I did more research, places like Roy's Peak are apparently illegal to fly (or rather, require a permit) which are not marked in the map. How do I differentiate it?

I have no license, but only flying and filming for recreational and personal use. I do not mind applying for a permit but it has a chance of failure which is for $65/region, I'm not sure if it's worth taking the risk since I do not have a license (presumably a lower chance of success). There is a meeting that is free but it seems like you have to do it face-to-face and if I'm visiting, I can't go for the meeting, wait for 10 days to see if my application for a permit fails or not then choose to go to that location with a drone. What alternatives/advice do you guys have? Especially those visiting and planning to film.

Additionally, a rather stupid question, but I know it is illegal to film on private land without consent. Is it okay to film the private land from a public area though? For example, the Clay Cliffs, I'm planning to film it as far as from the road, which is public and not on private land. Would that need a permit?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan