DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic in Norway - RPAS Operator 1 RO1 Form

BrAinZ

Reactions
I am off to Norway in a few weeks and will be taking to Mavic to hopefully get some great shots.

Thanks to some info in one of the threads a while ago I read that in order to fly a drone in Norway you have to complete a form (RPAS- operator 1 RO1) and send to the Civil Aviation Authority in Norway and get a response back from them to fly.

I sent off my form a couple of months ago, but heard nothing back so I emailed them the form again, but again, heard nothing back.
I've been trying to phone them, but they never seem to answer their phones :(

Any advice on how to get a response from them?

No problem To fly in norway if its for personal USE if you want to sell the pics videos you nede ro1
I live in norway

I am off to Norway in a few weeks and will be taking to Mavic to hopefully get some great shots.

Thanks to some info in one of the threads a while ago I read that in order to fly a drone in Norway you have to complete a form (RPAS- operator 1 RO1) and send to the Civil Aviation Authority in Norway and get a response back from them to fly.

I sent off my form a couple of months ago, but heard nothing back so I emailed them the form again, but again, heard nothing back.
I've been trying to phone them, but they never seem to answer their phones :(

Any advice on how to get a response from them?

How did you get on? I'm off to Norway in August. So looking forward to it.

I sent my RPAS form off in early Jan but didn’t hear anything back for ages. As it was getting close to my holiday I phoned them. They were very pleasant and said it always takes them ages to send back confirmation, but that actually as long as you are only flying as a hobby you don’t have to have that. As long as you follow all the safety guidelines and rules you are good to go.

Our holiday was actually a cruise to Norway and a few days before we left, I suddenly realised that I might not be able to take the Mavic with me anyway :( When i contacted my cruise company, they confirmed that I definitely wouldn’t be allowed to take the drone onboard, so in the end I didn’t take it :(

Real shame as the scenery is fantastic in Norway, and everywhere we went I was wishing I had the Mavic :(

We are planning to return in a couple of years, but will be flying there rather than cruising. Crazy that airlines allow drones but cruise lines don’t :(

I sent my RPAS form off in early Jan but didn’t hear anything back for ages. As it was getting close to my holiday I phoned them. They were very pleasant and said it always takes them ages to send back confirmation, but that actually as long as you are only flying as a hobby you don’t have to have that. As long as you follow all the safety guidelines and rules you are good to go.

Our holiday was actually a cruise to Norway and a few days before we left, I suddenly realised that I might not be able to take the Mavic with me anyway :( When i contacted my cruise company, they confirmed that I definitely wouldn’t be allowed to take the drone onboard, so in the end I didn’t take it :(

Real shame as the scenery is fantastic in Norway, and everywhere we went I was wishing I had the Mavic :(

We are planning to return in a couple of years, but will be flying there rather than cruising. Crazy that airlines allow drones but cruise lines don’t :(
Hmm mm.... P&0 by any chance?? That's how I'm visiting. They will have to one day change their policy.

Yep, P&O. I did try hard on the phone to convince them I was sensible, but it was still a no.
If you were willing to be a bit naughty, I reckon they wouldn’t really find it, but I didn’t want to take the risk.

I’m going with them again next November 2019, so am going to be writing to their CEO to try and get them to rethink their ban.

Yep, P&O. I did try hard on the phone to convince them I was sensible, but it was still a no.
If you were willing to be a bit naughty, I reckon they wouldn’t really find it, but I didn’t want to take the risk.

I’m going with them again next November 2019, so am going to be writing to their CEO to try and get them to rethink their ban.

Yeah, I'll write to them as well. I'm lucky as my sister lives in Portsmouth and so, if they did find it and refuse to let it aboard I could at least have her daughter come and pick it up, not an option most people have and I will be going with a rucksack full of camera gear so I'm inclined to risk it, because I do have that back up plan. Her son also works for one of the major cruise companies and so has good contacts, trust me, he sells £60, 70, 80,000 no expense spared cruises and he can I can assure you, pull strings. His clients want to take drones, they can take drones. It is literally his job to organise whatever they want. Because he can get family great deals many members of the family are going, but for that if rather go by ferry and drive around. A question given I'm not a big on cruises, did they x-ray your bags every time you got back on the ship or just at Southampton??? Curious

Yep, they x-rayed our bags every time we got back on the ship at every port. Not sure exactly how much attention they were really paying to the image, but definitely went through the machine.

I flew tons in Norway in 2016 and it was never a problem. I was not flying in cities though - mostly out doing scenic flights. Of course you pretty much can't fly on cruise ships (I would guess that includes the Hurtigruta) but that's everywhere, not just Norway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78