DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over beach allowed?

well I suppose that makes more sense but aren't there major airports that are near Superbowl venues? They don't shut down airports I am sure.

We lost the Chargers but their stadium was only 5 or 6 miles away from Lindbergh Field
Commercial Aircraft or GA Aircraft can fly in a TFR if they have proper clearances and needs. John Q. Public flying his Cessna 172 for fun isn't going to get approved to fly in the TFR.

These TFR's for sporting events and VIPs etc aren't new at all... we just have a lot of people coming into this hobby who have no clue about such things and learning about them on-the-fly.

well I suppose that makes more sense but aren't there major airports that are near Superbowl venues? They don't shut down airports I am sure.

We lost the Chargers but their stadium was only 5 or 6 miles away from Lindbergh Field
Commercial airliners will be able to get authorization to fly through but there will be enhanced security at the affected airports and there are special flight procedures that must be followed.

That's great that we are being protected from aerial borne terrorism. But there are likely so many other potential threats.

That is NOT correct. You're mixing things and unless you can CITE it in legal writings you need to stop spreading half truths.

Part 107 (Civil Operations) is the DEFAULT for all non Govt/Public Safety/Military UAS operations unless you can operate inside of the Recreational Exception. If your flight is purely Recreational and it fits clearly within the confines of ~44809 you operate under the guidelines within ~44809. While it's true ~44809 is a Carve Out (better known as protective bubble) from Part 107, this does not mean that Recreational Operators don't have a different set of rules they fly by.

The "confusion" is this... if any portion of your flight does not fit completely inside of the "Protective Bubble" of ~44809 you are, by default liable for Part 107. Once again, ~44809 does have a different set of rules to fly by and they are not mirrors of Part 107.

Part 107 (Short Version)
~44809

Everything doesn't "Look back" to Part 107.... They are indeed different rules and should be stated as such. These things are CODIFIED and fairly easy to look up and differentiate between them if you take the time and efforts.
I am not perposuly spreading half truths, I said I was new to this so that usually means take it with a grain of salt. I got my info from here and it was confusing. If you fail for exempt to fallow guidelines of a CBO then you fall under part 107. Check out FAA guy comments at 26:23

I am not perposuly spreading half truths, I said I was new to this so that usually means take it with a grain of salt. I got my info from here and it was confusing. If you fail for exempt to fallow guidelines of a CBO then you fall under part 107. Check out FAA guy comments at 26:23

I explained it in detail in my previous post. Now you're just regurgitating exactly what I said. I took and take exception to your blanket statement of "But in essence, everything will look back to the 107 as the bible of what's legal" which is not accurate. 44809 is Legal and binding and it's own set of rules. This is emphasized in this very thread here where the OP os asking about flying over people on a beach....

That "FAA Guy" is friend of min, Kevin Morris and I've worked with him for a good while now as he is a point of contact as an FAA Safety Team Representative/Drone Pro.

I always check B4UFly before flying beaches, which I do a lot. I "avoid" people and try to stay over water as much as possible. Some beaches are just too crowded even in the water (Clearwater Beach Florida is one). It's great fun so don't be too concerned but remember to give marine mammals a wide birth to be legal, incl humans. Enjoy

PS: recommend a Rescue Jacket if flying over water often. Sold by PhantomRain on this forum. It works

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
For UK flyers, here’s the rule (from the CAA website). It’s very straightforward, but can make life difficult unless the area’s completely deserted.

Attachments

• 1AE8F389-DF69-4722-B6BA-42A2F2786B7E.jpeg
    1AE8F389-DF69-4722-B6BA-42A2F2786B7E.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member