DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Hidden behind the battlements of the towering Tatoosh Mountains is the verdant forested valley of Butter Creek - a quiet emerald paradise scattered with remnant patches of ancient old growth forest. From the hidden waters of the rushing creek to the snow fields of Unicorn Peak, this is a sublimely beautiful place.

I also posted a few still photos on my blog: Flying over Butter Creek

I didn't have as much time as I'd like to film, but I thought the result was nice despite its brevity. I also have a much longer hand held hiking video that I'm working on from the nearby Tatoosh Wilderness that I captuerd on a hike I took earlier in the day.

Nice

Hidden behind the battlements of the towering Tatoosh Mountains is the verdant forested valley of Butter Creek - a quiet emerald paradise scattered with remnant patches of ancient old growth forest. From the hidden waters of the rushing creek to the snow fields of Unicorn Peak, this is a sublimely beautiful place.

I didn't have as much time as I'd like to film, but I thought the result was nice despite its brevity. I also have a much longer hand held hiking video that I'm working on from the nearby Tatoosh Wilderness that I captuerd on a hike I took earlier in the day.
Well done. You live in a beautiful area and always turn out nice footage.

Very nice footage with that little touch of hyperlapse at the end- or whatever you did to make the clouds go faster. Always so worried about clipping those unexpected trees- I watch my screen like a hawk and then lose sight of my drone! What to do? Also, looking at that narrow strip of road in the forest- takes a lot of fortitude to squeeze in your landing. Good job.

Very nice footage with that little touch of hyperlapse at the end- or whatever you did to make the clouds go faster. Always so worried about clipping those unexpected trees- I watch my screen like a hawk and then lose sight of my drone! What to do? Also, looking at that narrow strip of road in the forest- takes a lot of fortitude to squeeze in your landing. Good job.

Thanks - I just sped up the video for the hyperlapse - style clips.

It took me a lot of practice to get comfortable flying close by trees and taking off/landing from deep forest. I start by going straight up and doing a full 360 survey of the area, and I always scan to both sides before sweeping or circling shots. I also make extensive use of the GPS paths to find my way back.

Love the nature scenes from above! Well done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000