DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Hidden behind the battlements of the towering Tatoosh Mountains is the verdant forested valley of Butter Creek - a quiet emerald paradise scattered with remnant patches of ancient old growth forest. From the hidden waters of the rushing creek to the snow fields of Unicorn Peak, this is a sublimely beautiful place.

I also posted a few still photos on my blog: Flying over Butter Creek

I didn't have as much time as I'd like to film, but I thought the result was nice despite its brevity. I also have a much longer hand held hiking video that I'm working on from the nearby Tatoosh Wilderness that I captuerd on a hike I took earlier in the day.

Nice

Hidden behind the battlements of the towering Tatoosh Mountains is the verdant forested valley of Butter Creek - a quiet emerald paradise scattered with remnant patches of ancient old growth forest. From the hidden waters of the rushing creek to the snow fields of Unicorn Peak, this is a sublimely beautiful place.

I didn't have as much time as I'd like to film, but I thought the result was nice despite its brevity. I also have a much longer hand held hiking video that I'm working on from the nearby Tatoosh Wilderness that I captuerd on a hike I took earlier in the day.
Well done. You live in a beautiful area and always turn out nice footage.

Very nice footage with that little touch of hyperlapse at the end- or whatever you did to make the clouds go faster. Always so worried about clipping those unexpected trees- I watch my screen like a hawk and then lose sight of my drone! What to do? Also, looking at that narrow strip of road in the forest- takes a lot of fortitude to squeeze in your landing. Good job.

Very nice footage with that little touch of hyperlapse at the end- or whatever you did to make the clouds go faster. Always so worried about clipping those unexpected trees- I watch my screen like a hawk and then lose sight of my drone! What to do? Also, looking at that narrow strip of road in the forest- takes a lot of fortitude to squeeze in your landing. Good job.

Thanks - I just sped up the video for the hyperlapse - style clips.

It took me a lot of practice to get comfortable flying close by trees and taking off/landing from deep forest. I start by going straight up and doing a full 360 survey of the area, and I always scan to both sides before sweeping or circling shots. I also make extensive use of the GPS paths to find my way back.

Love the nature scenes from above! Well done!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett