DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with line of sight

How will this rule apply to Amazon when they start their drone package delivery service?
I personally don't believe Amazon will successfully deploy drone delivery anytime in the near future. It makes little economic sense other than in remote areas.

In my opinion, I take "line of sight" as a line from the mavic to the controller without any obstructions. It doesn't literally mean to have a visual confirmation of the mavic using your eyes. The mavic could be 3 miles away and you cannot see it. But your controller can still "see" the mavic.
That is not the definition of LOS in terms of regulations, etc. It means being to visually without the aid of optics to observe your craft and the surrounding air space. I am not doing a drone police thing here, just want to make sure that pilots that care know the difference.

Reactions: Vinniemi
It won't. The FAA will give them special permission for those flights.

no doubt in the same airspace we want to use, leading to more idiotic regulation.

That is not the definition of LOS in terms of regulations, etc. It means being to visually without the aid of optics to observe your craft and the surrounding air space.

by that rationale, if you bring your AC to a hover in front of you and turn 180°, it's not in LOS.

this is why I do and will continue to ignore idiotic LOS rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54