DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Foamie convert

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hi! Totally new to these, usually fly foam planes, durafly tundra is my go-to at the moment.... But have the mini 2 now šŸ˜Š

WELCOME to the forum :)

I'm a huge fan of "planks" (R/C planes) and love the low cost, ease of assembly, and variety that are available as "foamies" now. Be warned, after "Flying" R/C planes our GPS/Flight Controller drones can get boring quickly. When that happens dabble in some FPV flying and it gets much more like R/C planes but usually much lower and faster :)

WELCOME to the forum :)

I'm a huge fan of "planks" (R/C planes) and love the low cost, ease of assembly, and variety that are available as "foamies" now. Be warned, after "Flying" R/C planes our GPS/Flight Controller drones can get boring quickly. When that happens dabble in some FPV flying and it gets much more like R/C planes but usually much lower and faster :)
Thank you all for the warm welcome! You are right about the low cost and ease of assembly, but also the ease of fixing them with a little bit of glue and tape when it goes wrong! Those FPVs look amazing but scary!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I have that same plane. I just like you came from RC planes. You will love drones. These are fantastic to fly with position hold. Just remember, do not pull back on the stick. Pushing forward adds power, lift, and pulling back is dessend.

Enjoy, have fun and fly safe

Welcome to the forum. I have that same plane. I just like you came from RC planes. You will love drones. These are fantastic to fly with position hold. Just remember, do not pull back on the stick. Pushing forward adds power, lift, and pulling back is dessend.

Enjoy, have fun and fly safe
I'll try and remember! Thank you šŸ‘

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the new Mini 2.

Those FPVs look amazing but scary!

Yeah, a lot lighter and more constant on the controls for sure, but these GPS drones vs FPV certainly both have their place.

You already have a controller (or 2) about for the aircraft models ?

If so, get a free FPV sim online, and the dongle / cables to hook up your controller are very cheap, probably under US$10.

You can use your controller and the realism and flight control in the sim is almost as real as . . . well, the real thing :)
The many FPV guys on YouTube say once you master the sim flight, you're basically set to ease into a real FPV drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio