DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me (GPS) in Mavic Air through SDK

gerard_et

Reactions
Hi there,

I've been following this forum since I purchased my Mavic Air and I've recently seen that the SDK release has allowed to implement waypoints feature for Mavic Air through Litchi app.

As it is specified in the SDK documentation (Missions - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation) it seems that it is also allowed the Follow Me mission for mavic air.

Does anybody know anything related to this? Any app has this implemented?

I would like to use my mavic air with GPS tracking while going on my motorcycle. Active track seems less robust than gps tracking.

Thanks!

I would like to use my mavic air with GPS tracking while going on my motorcycle
Have someone else track you. Drone selfies are not for people driving motorcycles at the same time. This low cost (consumer) technology is not ready for this by far, no matter what claims DJI implies to make in their videos. Sure you could get a mavic to follow you. But it is really not safe at all. I would only trust a professional drone with high end hardware and redundancy, a trained crew with a well thought out and prepared flight plan to do this.

Have someone else track you. Drone selfies are not for people driving motorcycles at the same time. This low cost (consumer) technology is not ready for this by far, no matter what claims DJI implies to make in their videos. Sure you could get a mavic to follow you. But it is really not safe at all. I would only trust a professional drone with high end hardware and redundancy, a trained crew with a well thought out and prepared flight plan to do this.

The thing is that my wife as a passenger will have the rc. But we would like the dron to follow me and then she would be able to correct or adjust dron path if needed. I think I won't be confident enough to leave the dron at its own following me. It scares me a lot.

I'll try litchi to see if I can do what I'm willing to.

Hi there,

I've been following this forum since I purchased my Mavic Air and I've recently seen that the SDK release has allowed to implement waypoints feature for Mavic Air through Litchi app.

As it is specified in the SDK documentation (Missions - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation) it seems that it is also allowed the Follow Me mission for mavic air.

Does anybody know anything related to this? Any app has this implemented?

I would like to use my mavic air with GPS tracking while going on my motorcycle. Active track seems less robust than gps tracking.

Thanks!
This is the exact same reason I bought my MA. To take along on my motorcycle trips for scenery and tracking video and photo.

I am also still figuring out how exactly (only have the Mavic for two weeks).
Do let’s keep eachother posted

This entire post is completely wrong.

There are countless examples of people very successfully using the MA for exactly this purpose, without being distracted at all. Even using Active Track (instead of GPS follow through an app like Litchi).

While there are certainly limitations, if these are accounted for quite stunning footage can very safely be captured with the Air and the tracking / autonomous features it includes.

Reactions: Rayray
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes