DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For all Seeking to fly during bad weather or for practice

MavicMan17

Reactions
I see a lot of post on here for people who ask questions about flying indoors or in various conditions outside and those people generally say that they would like to practice. so..... with that being said

I am not sure of how many people know that DJI has a Simulator for PC. "forbidding your pc can handle it" you can use your actual controller and fly in the simulator "very realistic" and practice all you want and have fun flying on poor weather days. Anyone who only has a MM "Mavic Mini" can still use their controller but note that the MM is not in the simulator yet and that you will have to use the AWSD and Arrow keys to make selections in the menus. was a great tool for teaching people to fly due to all main functions of the controllers work and no risk of a newbie sinking a $2000 investment into a lake or creating a crater in the grounds.

This may be a duplicate post so delete if need be, but I have not seen a post yet that directly was about the DJI Simulator and Practicing.

@MavicMan17 - is THIS the one you mean?

FYI - When I went to d/l link for activation code - it was blocked and labeled malicious. Maybe I have a nervous computer

Last edited:
My understanding is it's for windows operating system but not apple, is this correct?
Unfortunately, Yes I do believe this is the case.
General requirements for Running the DJI Simulator are - A computer with a 64-bit versions of Windows 10 system is required to run the program. To connect the remote controller to a computer, you will need a compatible DJI Remote Controller and a Micro-B to USB-A cable.

Another Note is unfortunately Apples "MAC" products are not really designed to play games like simulators and such. I am no computer wiz but I do know their are ways around that by using streaming services to basically use your Mac as a Screen and Mouse and keyboard.

@MavicMan17 - is THIS the one you mean?

FYI - When I went to d/l link for activation code - it was blocked and labeled malicious. Maybe I have a nervous computer
HA! you may have a nervous computer, I use Malwarebytes anti-Virus software and it cleared it for me. Being the quality of all DJI products I would worry to much about it. Its a clean download click the button and fly!

Malwarebytes is an excellent anti-Virus software.
yes, yes it is. just hit the bypass when your computer gets nervous and tries to say no!

also a disclaimer, it does say "free trail" so I am not sure how long it lasts, but I have had mine for over a week and just used it to fly because the weather outside of non-permitting of flight. I wouldn't imagine the trail ending but you never know.

@Rchawks on a side note what is your profile pic / avatar a pic of? out of curiosity I have been trying to make head or tails of it but not having much luck!

HA! you may have a nervous computer, I use Malwarebytes anti-Virus software and it cleared it for me. Being the quality of all DJI products I would worry to much about it. Its a clean download click the button and fly!
I run both Malwarebytes + Glary Utilities

I use the free modes of the simulator with my mavic AIR controller. I like it and there are several drone views possible. There are two flight areas. One big City and the other in the country. It requires a game card I think.

I use the free modes of the simulator with my mavic AIR controller. I like it and there are several drone views possible. There are two flight areas. One big City and the other in the country. It requires a game card I think.

Yes I do believe a gaming computer or equivalent is necessary I fortunately.

Flying M2P with SC, almost in all weather.

In northern Europe we now have winter, a winter with plenty of wind, cold etc, but still taking the drone out for a daily flight is the best practice to become a better MavicPilot.

Now I can fly in a forest with a little lower wind, but I also dare to make some flights higher up where the wind is stronger.

That the red box with warning of strong wine comes up, you have to get used to.

We are drone pilots, we fly when and where no one has flown before.

Go4 also has a built in sim, but it’s stupid as you have to power up your drone and waste battery in order to use it. Its also a bit crap - but an option.

@MavicMan17 - Just wondering if this is the message you got when you d/l the simulator

Order DJI Flight Simulator Today
DJI Flight Simulator is available for order through official DJI Dealers. Contact us below for the team to reach out.
If you want to try it, you can Click Here to download.

Flying M2P with SC, almost in all weather.

In northern Europe we now have winter, a winter with plenty of wind, cold etc, but still taking the drone out for a daily flight is the best practice to become a better MavicPilot.

Now I can fly in a forest with a little lower wind, but I also dare to make some flights higher up where the wind is stronger.

That the red box with warning of strong wine comes up, you have to get used to.

We are drone pilots, we fly when and where no one has flown before.

Awesome post I totally agree! Was mail for rookie pilots or people wanting to fly during poor wether or rainy days.

Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12