DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced landing initiated! Did something change with unlocking zones?

Reactions
I’ve always been able to fly off my deck, even tho there’s a small county airport near..with no active tower. I’m actually 300 feet below the runway, and several miles away...and never fly more than a hundred feet up. I simply apply to unlock and viola. Today I lifted off, apparently, before the system recognized the restriction zone. At about 20 feet up a warning appeared that said something like, forced landing activated. It started to come down, but headed for a metal deck chair. I couldn’t get control of it, or grab it, so it hit the side of the chair and came down. Ahhh...that was crazy scary...my leg still stings where it clipped me.
I then tried take off again, and go thru the unlock process, as normal, but it would never unlock, and kept showing an error prompt. I haven’t updated the firmware from 400, and even used an older version of djiGo 4. Trying to figure out what has happened.

Take a look at your TXT flight log. If you'd like other people to review it, then post it here.

The DAT files are showing up as a VLC document, but I think that's because my iMac doesn't know what they are. There are 3 files, but I only was in the air once. The other attempts wouldn't allow me to take off. Here's they are. How do you view the contents of these files? thanks

Attachments

• 2018-11-26_16-16-20_FLY010.DAT
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 2018-11-26_16-20-45_FLY011.DAT
    502 KB · Views: 2
  • 2018-11-26_16-22-20_FLY011.DAT
    604.4 KB · Views: 5
When the GPS position was acquired the FC did decide that you were at a location that required a forced landing:

48.115 : 5186 [L-DBG1]update ram gps date:20181127​
48.553 : 5208 [L-GEO][fmu_api_handler_update_app_db]wrong index! 100|​
48.613 : 5211 [L-GEO][fmu_api_handler_update_app_db]wrong index! 84|​
48.614 : 5211 [L-GEO][check_if_need_landing]start cntdown:20!|​
48.614 : 5211 [L-GEO][record_flysafe_info]drone relation NFZ_UNKNOWN => IN_NFZ_DRONE|​
48.614 : 5211 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 20!|​
49.412 : 5251 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. fly limit,eg:airport:(0)​
49.631 : 5262 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 19!|​
50.648 : 5313 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 18!|​
51.665 : 5364 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 17!|​
51.765 : 5369 [L-HOME]First. lati:39.2173116 longti:-120.9977391 alti:789.53​
52.404 : 5401 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. set home:(0)​
52.683 : 5415 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 16!|​
53.700 : 5466 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 15!|​
54.498 : 5506 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. Normal Flash(0)​
54.498 : 5506 [L-FMU/LED]type:0, normal flash action:​
54.498 : 5506 [L-FMU/LED]c0:0,15;c1:0,3;c2:0,13;c3:2,3;c4:0,10;c5:0,3;c6:0,10;c7:0,3​
54.717 : 5517 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 14!|​
55.735 : 5568 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 13!|​
56.752 : 5619 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 12!|​
57.330 : 5648 [L-FDI][sensor_api_info] head(2,0,31,4).|​
57.770 : 5670 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 11!|​
58.787 : 5721 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 10!|​
59.804 : 5772 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 9!|​
60.822 : 5823 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 8!|​
61.839 : 5874 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 7!|​
62.856 : 5925 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 6!|​
63.874 : 5976 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 5!|​
64.891 : 6027 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 4!|​
65.908 : 6078 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 3!|​
66.924 : 6128 [L-NS][AHRS],qg obv buffer size[218/270]​
66.925 : 6128 [L-NS][AHRS],pva obv buffer size[238/270]​
66.926 : 6129 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 2!|​
67.066 : 6136 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. fly limit,eg:airport:(0)​
67.943 : 6180 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down 1!|​
68.362 : 6200 [L-BATTERY]get_cell_voltage_callback_ack failed!||​
68.961 : 6231 [L-GEO][landing_cntdown_handle]cnt down finish!|​
68.964 : 6231 [L-N_MIS]Exit mis 3. New mis 11​
68.964 : 6231 [L-N_MIS]Switch new mis 11 req 13 from mis 3 req 2​
69.759 : 6271 [L-RC]Start landing. rc vib!​

Why that happened is not clear - there is no restriction under the latest GEO database:

1543289483599.jpeg

Perhaps one of the earlier versions had something there.

Tried again this morning, but still can’t unlock the zone to fly. When I hit, “apply to unlock...”, it comes up with “user information input error”. I can get into an alternate window that gives options to select a reason for unlocking the zone, but it rejects the attempt with and input error as well.
I thought I was prompted once, to update some aspect of geo zones...but it didn’t proceed with that...don’t know how to get back to that action. I’ve never encountered this problem before...just can’t figure out what changed.

Reactions: Rodcast
Maybe it's an incompatibility between the unlocking system and your old version? Maybe try updating your firmware and DJIGo app to the latest version.

Reactions: Topo
Tried again this morning, but still can’t unlock the zone to fly. When I hit, “apply to unlock...”, it comes up with “user information input error”. I can get into an alternate window that gives options to select a reason for unlocking the zone, but it rejects the attempt with and input error as well.
I thought I was prompted once, to update some aspect of geo zones...but it didn’t proceed with that...don’t know how to get back to that action. I’ve never encountered this problem before...just can’t figure out what changed.
Sounds kinda like what happened to me yesterday. The problem was that the iPad wasn't connected to the internet. Once I connected via the HotSpot on my iPhone I managed to unlock.

Also, I finally managed to see why I had so much trouble in the past confirming that I accept responsibility. I kept hitting the Yes button button but nothing would happen. I first had to see the 3 blue on black circle shaped buttons along right side of the popup. Once those are selected the Yes button then becomes active. I know my 70 year old eyes aren't so good with contrast, but, blue on black circle buttons?

Last edited:
Last weekend I received the unlock challenge. First time I got it in that park. Park is 3 or 4 miles from a regional airport.
Checked the checboxes, verified my phone # but failed. The alternate validation was by CC. Was able to ignore instead.
Couldn't find on Fly safe where to add/verify my cell #.

I had this exact issue with my M2Z today. I use a Crystalsky monitor. I have been asked by a flight museum to do a little work to add to a video that they are putting together. This unfortunately is located about 500 ft from the end of their runway. So I attempted to do the unlock in the area the other day and it worked fine. Went to the museum today and it would not unlock even with a successful unlock. Really odd.

Reactions: 大疆御Air
I finally got it to take. I didn't do anything different, but, for some unknown reason, all the right steps activated, it sent me the code via text, and unlocked. I was able to get back just as the rain started to come down this morning...attached jpg. I don't think the failure cause will ever be known. Just glad it worked and my Air wasn't damaged in the forced landing. Other users on the dji forum suggested upgrading the firmware, but I haven't done that yet...still at the 0400.

Attachments

• DJI_0185.JPG
    DJI_0185.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 113
I have had many concerns about this. Question, Can you find out before getting to the location if the database will think that you are in a geofenced area so that you can unlock it ahead of time?
I ask because I assume that if you are in an area that needs to be unlocked, but don't have internet access you're not going to be able to unlock?

I’ve always been able to fly off my deck, even tho there’s a small county airport near..with no active tower. I’m actually 300 feet below the runway, and several miles away...and never fly more than a hundred feet up. I simply apply to unlock and viola. Today I lifted off, apparently, before the system recognized the restriction zone. At about 20 feet up a warning appeared that said something like, forced landing activated. It started to come down, but headed for a metal deck chair. I couldn’t get control of it, or grab it, so it hit the side of the chair and came down. Ahhh...that was crazy scary...my leg still stings where it clipped me.
I then tried take off again, and go thru the unlock process, as normal, but it would never unlock, and kept showing an error prompt. I haven’t updated the firmware from 400, and even used an older version of djiGo 4. Trying to figure out what has happened.

I live in a rural area near a military base, but outside the FAA restricted areas. I’ve had to continually reapply for an unlock license to fly at my house. Last week DJI denied it, saying I was not in a restricted zone. And - voila, I can now fly as they’ve revamped the way they drew the zone. Before, they laid a pin in the middle of base and drew a big circle. Now, they follow the actual border of the zone. Maybe it worked the opposite way for you and you got caught in an updated boundary.

Reactions: lolo780
I have had many concerns about this. Question, Can you find out before getting to the location if the database will think that you are in a geofenced area so that you can unlock it ahead of time?
I ask because I assume that if you are in an area that needs to be unlocked, but don't have internet access you're not going to be able to unlock?

You can check the map and request offline unlocks at DJI's self unlocking site: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

I finally got it to take. I didn't do anything different, but, for some unknown reason, all the right steps activated, it sent me the code via text, and unlocked. I was able to get back just as the rain started to come down this morning...attached jpg. I don't think the failure cause will ever be known. Just glad it worked and my Air wasn't damaged in the forced landing. Other users on the dji forum suggested upgrading the firmware, but I haven't done that yet...still at the 0400.
I'm glad you got it to work. Starting today my area is locked and I can't fly. Even with an unlock code it still can't fly. Starting to look like too much outside control.

I'm not sure what DJI drones do with TFR's. Beale has huge TFR area around it that is not always active. My experience has led me to believe that if you try to start a DJI drone in restricted airspace, under class B airspace in my case. ( I was just curious and tried starting my spark in front of my hangar at KTOA) it won't start again until the GPS? shows it to be clear of that area. I have Foreflight with sectional charts for the entire U.S. on my iphone. I'll send along shot of that Beale areaBeale TFR.jpg

I'm not sure what DJI drones do with TFR's. Beale has huge TFR area around it that is not always active. My experience has led me to believe that if you try to start a DJI drone in restricted airspace, under class B airspace in my case. ( I was just curious and tried starting my spark in front of my hangar at KTOA) it won't start again until the GPS? shows it to be clear of that area. I have Foreflight with sectional charts for the entire U.S. on my iphone. I'll send along shot of that Beale areaView attachment 56529

They won't fly in TFRs without authorization.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d