DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced new app up date v4.1.3

Bazzam

Reactions
I am currently very happy with my app performance, and don't want to currently update....does anyone have a work around to prevent unwanted app updates ? Currently using Android, app version v4.0.6.

1498910381091.png

Reactions: Blades
What firmware is your AC on? I have never seen that message om my app even when starting it without the phone in airplane mode.

Same here I am on .700 and go4 4.0.7 and I want to say here for now. But now I am forced to update...
Testing latest 900 firmware
My FW: .700 App: v4.0.6 android
The workaround that works for me:

1. Uninstall app
2. Reinstall app ( I installed v4.0.6)
3. Only open app after airplane mode on phone is activated ( so no internet etc !!)
4. Enjoy your flight.
5. Close app fully and put to sleep
6. Restart internet/ Wi-Fi on phone

Just make sure the app is completely close before reconnecting to internet, I open the drop down menu - press the battery symbol to open extra battery saving options and then put the DJI Go app to sleep !!!

My FW: .700 App: v4.0.6 android
The workaround that works for me:

1. Uninstall app
2. Reinstall app ( I installed v4.0.6)
3. Only open app after airplane mode on phone is activated ( so no internet etc !!)
4. Enjoy your flight.
5. Close app fully and put to sleep
6. Restart internet/ Wi-Fi on phone

Just make sure the app is completely close before reconnecting to internet, I open the drop down menu - press the battery symbol to open extra battery saving options and then put the DJI Go app to sleep !!!
How do I get the app version 4.0.6 if I uninstall?? If it is forcing me now to update the app to 4.1.3?

I flew on 4.0.8 last night without being asked to update. I made sure my phone was in airplane mode before starting the app and not connecting internet until the app was closed.

I flew on 4.0.8 last night without being asked to update. I made sure my phone was in airplane mode before starting the app and not connecting internet until the app was closed.
I have the app on a tab 3 and it does not hit the internet and it on 4.0.1. But my phone is on the latest app now after the forced app update and it is asking me to update the mavic to .900 and I will at some point when everything has been tested for 6 months at least. Till then I will use mt tab 3 on 4.0.1 and mavic on .700

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech