DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Format SD card

You can format the memory card in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Format-Memory-Card.jpg

Can I just add.

Formatting in a PC or Mac is not advised and formatting via GO 4 with SD card in the drone is advisable. You may want to do that before take off to wipe your SD if you forgot when copying saved stuff off it. I always leave my SD in the drone and copy via PC, format via Go 4. This is because my Parrot Anafi has a notoriously very suspect SD slot which continual removal/insertion can break so I never take it out and continue the practice with my M2P and Air on the same grounds.

If you use a Smart Controller and use a SD card in it for storage then format that in the SC not elsewhere. Generally best to format if possible in the device in which the card is to be used.

Reactions: charliej
Formatting in a PC or Mac is not advised and formatting via GO 4 with SD card in the drone is advisable.
Although this is often recommended in forums, it really makes no difference.
Format wherever is convenient for you.

Reactions: WAXMAN
...it really makes no difference.

It shouldn't but it CAN in my experience and that of others presumably since it is repeated so often. I doubt it is an urban myth but whatever. We do what we think best and if it don't work do something else. Whatever works for you is best.

Reactions: charliej
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan