DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Mini 1 in Prospect Park, Brooklyn

jaemaz

Reactions
Hey there,

On January 21, (2021) I found a Mavic Mini (NOT a Mavic Mini Two) in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. It was wet and seems slightly damaged— but I dried it out and it powers up.
I posted to CL and the DJI forums, but no luck. I also contacted DJI with the serial number, hoping they would contact the owner, but no dice.

If you lost such a drone, message me with the serial number and I'll get it back to you!

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 12.09.07 PM.png

That is very decent of you!
If you remove the memory card, press in and it might pop out, and have a look at the files on the card it may show the last flight and 'crash'.
The owner might have even put their address in a txt etc on the card.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a pity,
If nobody claims it you might be able to pick up a controller fairly cheaply on ebay etc. You can charge the drone's battery via the micro USB connector by the memory card holder, and it's easy enough to link a 'new' controller to the drone.

Been to Prospect Park in Brooklyn. My daughter used to live nearby. That's a sad loss for someone, and a lucky find if no one tries to claim it.

Or, if your not interested in flying, and can"t find the owner you could try to sell it.

Reactions: Edward_Alley
I think we all appreciate your efforts in locating the owner of the missing Mavic Mini, but in the UK and Europe we are now required to have operator identification stickers on our drones all part of the registration process, I have my international mobile number also, but when I flew in NYC I had to only register with FAA the make and model, and don't think I even included a serial number, back in 2017, so unfortunately the FAA won't hold a database, have you tried the NYPD.

thank you for your efforts and we need more people like you in this world. If you don’t get a hold of the owner and looking to see what a repair would run you can send it in for a free estimate free shipping both ways. You only pay if we fix.

Side note it is illegal to fly in prospect park makes one less rogue pilot out there.

Reactions: Macmad
Hey there,

On January 21, (2021) I found a Mavic Mini (NOT a Mavic Mini Two) in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. It was wet and seems slightly damaged— but I dried it out and it powers up.
I posted to CL and the DJI forums, but no luck. I also contacted DJI with the serial number, hoping they would contact the owner, but no dice.

If you lost such a drone, message me with the serial number and I'll get it back to you!

View attachment 123060
just give your address and i will give you a remote controller of the mavic mini... have fun flying......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan