DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found some great inexpensive foam for my M2P case

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
I'm running an Raptor XR antenna and 10" tablet with sun shade on my remote in addition to my wife's RE Goggles, so I've held off orderering a custom case for the Raptor.

This week, I received some excellent 1" thick closed cell foam that I've used to line a hard plastic case that I bought years ago that I used to use as a contractor.

This is the same material the naval forces use to create their custom cases for sensitive electronics. We just used hot glue to hold the pieces in place and to each other.

After running it along the sides, it would also be excellent material to use if someone wants to create their own inexpensive, yet durable, partitions in a case.

It's easy to cut with my wife's kitchen shears, but will provide more than enough impact protection in my case.

Here's a link to it if anyone wants to order some:

12 pack 1" x 12" x 12" Black Polyethylene foam 1.7pcf *FREE SHIPPING 808890394106 | eBay

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Aka PE foam. It is used in nearly all custom insert applications. It’s the same stuff that computer equipment gets shipped in. While the 1.7 is durable, the 2.2 lb density is what is used in many professional applications.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake