DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Drone footage of avalanche

I have to say this is an amazing video showcasing Mother Earth.
Im wondering if this really an "avalanche" or just spring run off...a river?
Either way, it's irrelevant. This is GREAT footage. +1

Reactions: PhilJenkins
7+ minutes long but worth watching the first 3 minutes, at least.

Wow. That certainly takes the prize for the most unusual drone video subject for 2023 to date. The first portion flying up the slope is by far the best. Excellent flying and filming. Stunning subject matter.

Is this your work?

Wow. That certainly takes the prize for the most unusual drone video subject for 2023 to date. The first portion flying up the slope is by far the best. Excellent flying and filming. Stunning subject matter.

Is this your work?
While it looks very much like water, it is snow.

Not my work. Wish it was but I thought it was worth pointing it out as it is quite compelling.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and MS Coast
Great video!

Incredible!!

Re: breaking VLOS... Once in a lifetime footage, over obviously remote wilderness. I'd have broken the VLOS rule to capture too.

And with near zero worry of being given anything but a warning if caught, along with a personal request for a copy 😁

Reactions: 3rdof5
This video came to me via my YT feed and as it was already taken a few days ago, I expected that it would be the topic of a fair bit of discussion. I too am very impressed by the footage, and also by the fact that it was done on a home-made and long range drone! Yep, National Geographic would be proud, and so would David Attenborough, I'd imagine!

Reactions: Mervyn and Len750
This amazing flight actually inspired me to purchase the goggles/motion for my Classic.
Absolutely crazy FPV flight and he had to feel amazing and excited to see the Hi Res video after he landed.
This video does not get old.
I'm really looking forward to my first FPV flight!

Reactions: TrabSeyn
This video came to me via my YT feed and as it was already taken a few days ago, I expected that it would be the topic of a fair bit of discussion. I too am very impressed by the footage, and also by the fact that it was done on a home-made and long range drone! Yep, National Geographic would be proud, and so would David Attenborough, I'd imagine!
Home made makes sense because that definitely look like it was well over 1640 feet or even 3000 feet. The ability to maintain the connection was really very impressive. Really outstanding.

Home made makes sense because that definitely look like it was well over 1640 feet or even 3000 feet. The ability to maintain the connection was really very impressive. Really outstanding.
Caddx Vista video system, as he's using on his long range FPV drone, advertises about 4km range at 700mW.
About the same as the DJI Air unit.
The TBS Crossfire receiver range is far beyond that.

Reactions: Bohemian and okw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_