DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Drone? After sending one back???

Sent in my Mavic 2 Pro for gimbal repair. I authorized the repair at the price DJI quoted and within a week I had a new drone on my porch from them. They send the damaged one in for repair and send out either a new or refurbished drone to the customer. It's quicker for the customer and a more efficient work flow for DJI. So, yes, they do send back new or like new refurbished drones, when you send in a drone for repair.

I'm glad you're pretty sure of that, makes me feel a lot better. And it sure sounds a lot better than what I had.
I'm 100% certain. Maybe even 110% 😁

This has been DJI's policy, and process forever. When you agree to the fine print when submitting the virtual paperwork on line for repair, part of what you didn't read is agreeing to exactly what happens almost every time – a new or refurb is sent as a replacement.

Confused owners have been posting about this on this, and other forums for years, going back to the Phantoms.

A friend sent his Mavic 2 Zoom Enterprise in to DJI for a camera repair and received a new Mavic 2 Zoom Enterprise in around 2 weeks. We don't understand why they couldn't have just repaired the camera instead of replacing the drone.
They may have refurbished ones on the shelf to send back right away. The "old" drone goes back to the factory for refurbishment. Just a guess, but it's what I would do if selling products in a number of countries.

Reactions: careless
They may have refurbished ones on the shelf to send back right away. The "old" drone goes back to the factory for refurbishment. Just a guess, but it's what I would do if selling products in a number of countries.
Personally I would leave the traditional drone refurbishment process to businesses with the expertise. They would be based in country and they can buy the parts from DJI and learn/follow the "strict" standards DJI refurbished drones are known for. Give them access to the system to make the entries and update the software; easy to train American workers to do the "light" refurb work and they can also sift thru a lot of the incoming junk that cannot be salvaged.

If I were DJI I would prefer not to have junk (parts that I cannot use) coming back to me but instead, DJI should only take back simple returns/open boxes/not trouble found and legally can't sell them as new so their "refurbs" would be pretty straightforward to sell from DJI USA.

Reactions: WanderLost
DJI sends back repairs sometimes in what looks like a brand new retail package. Similar looking box as to what you would see on the shelf at Best Buy. Shrink wrapped and everything. But inside, it is just the drone, none of the other accessories or manuals that would come with a new purchase.

It's probably much more efficient for them (and customer friendly) to ship the drones that have already been refurnished and tested than keeping track of each individual drone. It's actually a great system and I applaud DJIs repair process.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne