DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Hey @JanB, if you were to send your files to @sar104 personally, I would guarantee that he would remove any location data, so you dont need to worry.
His analasys (sic) of the flight characteristics data though, would be extremely valuable to the whole community!
Please consider his request?!
As I wrote before next time I will do this manoevre again I will send the datas to sar104, no question!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg and Simmo
You are wrong! Of course all drones and planes in Aussie land have to start upside down to compensate the fact that the whole country is upside down...
No, we are the right way up... you guys are upside down...
Or on the other side of the page.... if we are indeed flat.....

Reactions: dirkclod and JanB
Need to hold the drone at about 60 to 70 degrees and try to start it, or better, hold it past 90 while someone holds the sticks for a start and see if it starts when pulled in less than 90 on up to level.
OK, I just did this experiment. I held the drone upside down while my wife tried to start the motors. No movement. Then I held it at 90 degrees. No movement. But as soon as I went less than 90 degrees it would start just as if it were level. Packed everything up and went inside but then thought, "What if they were moving the sticks in start position over and over every second, would it start when less than 90 degrees?" So went back outside, turned the drone upside down, moved it slowly to 90 degrees and then less. As soon as it was less than 90 degrees, on the first push down of the sticks after that point THE MOTORS DID START. So it would require constantly pushing the sticks down over and over until the drone were in a position of less than 90 degrees from level for motors to start.

Reactions: MeGotAir
... So it would require constantly pushing the sticks down over and over until the drone were in a position of less than 90 degrees from level for motors to start.
Did you try just holding the sticks down constantly in a position while your wife rotated the aircraft to less than 90 degrees?

Need to hold the drone at about 60 to 70 degrees and try to start it, or better, hold it past 90 while someone holds the sticks for a start and see if it starts when pulled in less than 90 on up to level.
I personally think it doesnt work because there are sensors you hand might be interfering with but maybe if you hung the drone from a cord or something the results may be different i think im gonna try this

As mentioned above, Porky, I really did try that with my props on. I held the Mavic sideways and also upside down and tried to start the motors. They would not move at all. So I am wondering how those guys did what they claim they did in both of those videos. The scenes don't really look fabricated to me. They did not mention changing some option to allow motors to start.
45 degrees is the most you can tilt for motors to start

45 degrees is the most you can tilt for motors to start

However, it can be done, so the argument is moot. This thread includes full telemetry from three mid-air shutdown and restarts:

However, it can be done, so the argument is moot. This thread includes full telemetry from three mid-air shutdown and restarts:

Just asking the telemetry are they from the mavic2 pro or the mavic pro? And is the a video of any kind of a mavic2 pro/zoom doing this

Just asking the telemetry are they from the mavic2 pro or the mavic pro? And is the a video of any kind of a mavic2 pro/zoom doing this

Those were data from a Mavic Pro. I haven't seen any videos of this, but being mainly interested in the flight data I haven't searched for any either.

Those were data from a Mavic Pro. I haven't seen any videos of this, but being mainly interested in the flight data I haven't searched for any either.
Well I've been doing some searching thats what brought me here to this site but no mavic²s doing a free fall maybe ill be the first when i get some insurance

Well I've been doing some searching thats what brought me here to this site but no mavic²s doing a free fall maybe ill be the first when i get some insurance

There's been intermittent discussion of it, but also some concern that the props won't restart because of the attitude excursions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc