DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell Anamorphic Lens Footage for Mavic Air 2

AtortPhotography

Reactions
I have been playing around with this Freewell Anamorphic lens I bought for my Mavic Air 2 and honestly pretty cool! I shot some footage yesterday with it and put together a sample edit and will do a video today on how to work with the footage to desqueeze and make it look good so subscribe if on YouTube for more. Just sharing but really a great value at $40 for some cool creative options in my opinion. Aloha

Beautiful shots! I think you need to de-squeeze a hair more for that lens, but the shots are breathtaking. I don't have the stones to fly that high, especially around so many people!

Reactions: AtortPhotography
Nice. :)

The Willis Tower is a 110-story, 1,450-foot skyscraper in Chicago.

Nice footage!

May I ask what video settings did you use? Was it 4K wide 30fps on Auto settings? Or HDR?

Oh yeah, presumably every clip in that video was shot with the Anamorphic lense?
I shot at 4k wide at 24fps and yes used that lens for everything. I think it's important to just commit and shoot with one vision as opposed to hopping all over the place and then having to sort through the footage wondering if you had the anamorphic lens on or not. All manual usually at ISO 100 of course.

I have been playing around with this Freewell Anamorphic lens I bought for my Mavic Air 2 and honestly pretty cool! I shot some footage yesterday with it and put together a sample edit and will do a video today on how to work with the footage to desqueeze and make it look good so subscribe if on YouTube for more. Just sharing but really a great value at $40 for some cool creative options in my opinion. Aloha

And so people can see this is how to work with the footage once it's captured with the Freewell Anamorphic lens. I wish I had this video yesterday to watch! :) Which is exactly why I made it! https://youtu.be/Dk_yr9h4l9c

Reactions: Air_Deo
I shot at 4k wide at 24fps and yes used that lens for everything. I think it's important to just commit and shoot with one vision as opposed to hopping all over the place and then having to sort through the footage wondering if you had the anamorphic lens on or not. All manual usually at ISO 100 of course.

Manual? ISO 100? So you adjusted shutter speed to get the right exposure? Also, did you do much colour-grading in post?

I'm just looking into filters for the first time, trying to figure out how much of the magic was the filter and how much was post-production work.

Thanks

Manual? ISO 100? So you adjusted shutter speed to get the right exposure? Also, did you do much colour-grading in post?

I'm just looking into filters for the first time, trying to figure out how much of the magic was the filter and how much was post-production work.

Thanks
Please stay on topic folks. Freewell anamorphic lens

Thanks
This is really not a filter it's allowing you to get a wider field of view with this lens. I would not say this is a first and only lens....get a set of ND or polarizers like 8, 16, and 32's and that will be good to start. I shoot manually always normally and this was ISO 100 and had to just adjust shutter accordingly since no choice. Yes I always color grade a bit....usually color wheels in Final Cut Pro and maybe depending on how I shoot it a LUT that I use from ButteryFilms.com. Check this video I made today for the lens...it may help explain a bit. And I show my color grading process a bit in it as well.

Nice footage!

May I ask what video settings did you use? Was it 4K wide 30fps on Auto settings? Or HDR?

Oh yeah, presumably every clip in that video was shot with the Anamorphic lense?
I am not sure if I answered this, but was 4K wide 24fps manually shot with an ISO of 100 and adjusted my shutter speed to expose my histogram properly. I avoid HDR I think it looks crappy for video not a fan personally. Yes every clip was shot with the anamorphic lens correct.

This is really not a filter it's allowing you to get a wider field of view with this lens. I would not say this is a first and only lens....get a set of ND or polarizers like 8, 16, and 32's and that will be good to start. I shoot manually always normally and this was ISO 100 and had to just adjust shutter accordingly since no choice. Yes I always color grade a bit....usually color wheels in Final Cut Pro and maybe depending on how I shoot it a LUT that I use from ButteryFilms.com. Check this video I made today for the lens...it may help explain a bit. And I show my color grading process a bit in it as well.

Thank you for answering all my questions! I'll check out the video shortly!

I am not sure if I answered this, but was 4K wide 24fps manually shot with an ISO of 100 and adjusted my shutter speed to expose my histogram properly. I avoid HDR I think it looks crappy for video not a fan personally. Yes every clip was shot with the anamorphic lens correct.
Other than not fitting inside the gimbal protector, can you otherwise leave it installed permanently, if you are so inclined?

Reactions: kendrex

That is some fine looking footage!

It would have been interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of with and without the Freewell - same flight path etc, to get a sense of what the thing actually buys you in terms of increased field of view and the impact on image quality.

I'm new to flying but I thought the rule was 400' above the ground.
I doubt any manned aircraft would be flying in that space though.
Nice video.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The rule on the U.S. is 400’ above ground, below the drone. Not above any obstacle. There are plenty of police and medical emergency aircraft flying over cities at low altitudes.... Not following FAA guidelines/regs could create a life threatening situation...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan