DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell variable filters (ND2 to ND512) for Mavic 2 Pro

Had these in my Amazon cart but waited over the weekend and now they are out of stock. Dratz.

Had these in my Amazon cart but waited over the weekend and now they are out of stock. Dratz.
Yeah it was 3 when I was asking about the polar pro and were gone when I went to order but found some on eBay
for 5 bucks more And a few days more shipping than prime.
Should be here Wednesday.

Yeah it was 3 when I was asking about the polar pro and were gone when I went to order but found some on eBay
for 5 bucks more And a few days more shipping than prime.
Should be here Wednesday.
Nope just got a e-mail from seller and said it was the last ones he had and appeared to be damaged
and canceled my order. Checked at Freewell and they don't even show them. Only other I see is on e-bay and come from China and would take a month to get them . :mad:
Edit: Yeah Freewell shows em and are 60 bucks :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Cant seem to find any but there is this by Kuuqa - no idea what its like but at £6.99 it must be worth a try?
Link
Thanks but kinda want these .Just going to order them from Freewell but would have been nice to get them for 49.00. :)

Reactions: Brewbud
Thanks but kinda want these .Just going to order them from Freewell but would have been nice to get them for 49.00. :)

Freewell shows a shipping time of 2-4 weeks for standard post. I would have liked to get them faster but not at $35 shipping charge. I will just have to deal with the non-variable filters for my trip at the end of the month.

Reactions: dirkclod
Adorama Camera (9/17/19)

Variable ND Filter for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro
Qty: 1 $49.99
Delivery Method: Super Saver (7-10 Business Days)

Order Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Taxes: $0.00
Total: $49.99

Adorama Camera (9/17/19)

Variable ND Filter for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro
Qty: 1 $49.99
Delivery Method: Super Saver (7-10 Business Days)

Order Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Taxes: $0.00
Total: $49.99
Looked
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 1.08.59 PM.png

Anyone know why Freewell don't have the same two indents on their filters as does the original Mavic 2 lens filter ? See picture arrow.20190921_190821.jpeg

Anyone know why Freewell don't have the same two indents on their filters as does the original Mavic 2 lens filter ?
I don't know the answer to your question. The Freewell filters seem just as secure when attached -- if that's what you're wondering.

Thanks, I watched a video after post comparing all the filters available for the Mavic 2 pro, I noticed the majority only had one indent, so I guess it's not going to be an issue.
I don't know the answer to your question. The Freewell filters seem just as secure when attached -- if that's what you're wondering.

Just ordered 9/25/2019 from Freewell through eBay. Got both of the filters for $59.99. They emailed me offering the following option, which I took. For $12.00 more they ship Express, quoting a 7-10 day delivery time. Paid via PayPal.
So that’s $71.99 for both the variable NDs delivered. I have been informed that they have shipped.

Reactions: PAW and dirkclod
Freewell just released a new variable filter set for the Mavic 2 Pro. It comes packed with a variable filter that can be adjusted between ND4 to ND32 and a second variable filter that can be adjusted between ND64 to ND512.

View attachment 79925

These filters are multi-coated, lightweight, and come with a lifetime warranty. They are available for purchase here on Amazon or on Freewell's site here.
Not available anywhere currently ( within the next 2 weeks) including from Freewell. Is anyone aware of a current source.

I ordered on 9/16/2019. Got both adjustable filters for $71 USD on eBay. They told me 7-10 days.
9931DAEA-C2ED-47A3-A14D-590FD8A8CF48.png

Last edited:
I can confirm that the eBay method seems to work. I ordered, paid the extra $12, and a couple of days later it shipped from Dubai. DHL tracking says it'll be delivered on Monday (I ordered last Sunday, so just it'll take just about a week).

Reactions: Thomas B
I can confirm that the eBay method seems to work. I ordered, paid the extra $12, and a couple of days later it shipped from Dubai. DHL tracking says it'll be delivered on Monday (I ordered last Sunday, so just it'll take just about a week).
Yep, just got notice from DHL that the two filters will be delivered 10-1.

I cannot recommend to buy those. Please view this post:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/freewell-vnd-filters-for-mavic-2-pro

People may have overlooked your post . . .
I did mention weight in post 5 as it seems much more than most ND filter weights.

I know the M1P gimbal is dicey with weights over about 1.2gms (or the filter is too bulky for calibration), but no sure about the M2P Hasselblad gimbal ability.
The stated item weight of the Freewell variable ND is 2.4 oz, so one would assume each is 1.2 oz which is 34gms, but this item weight might include packaging (considering Amazon specs could be dodgy).
Also noted Amazon ship weight is 2.08oz, so maybe they typo-ed the ad item weight.

The Amazon ad states "Super lightweight CNC ring used in construction prevents adverse effect on gimbal" so I guess people have an out to get their $ back if they do cause issues.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard