DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell variable filters (ND2 to ND512) for Mavic 2 Pro

honestly, me too. Also the pricing is very competitive when you take into account how many filters are packed in 2.
I’m still testing mine. Very happy so far. One cool thing is that while you can set them to specific marked numbers, they are infinitely variable.

Reactions: RPASJones
I’m still testing mine. Very happy so far. One cool thing is that while you can set them to specific marked numbers, they are infinitely variable.

The filter can be set to "off"? Like no ND at all, or the lowest possible is ND2 or 4?

The filter can be set to "off"? Like no ND at all, or the lowest possible is ND2 or 4?
The one with the lower filter can be set to off. (Below the ND2 filter point). Even though the standard stops are marked on the filter ring, it is infinitely adjustable within it’s range as there are no detentes, just ability to adjust smoothly.
(Ie, the more you turn it CCW the les filter you get, including below ND2)

Reactions: FiShBuRn
Do the bezels have like a click at each setting or just smooth
turning.

It turns smoothly but I have a difficult time trying to adjust filter without getting my finger prints on the lense.

I don't have fat fingers but it's a bit of a challenge keeping the filter smudge free while adjusting them.

Anyone else having this challenge?

Reactions: dirkclod
Even though the standard stops are marked on the filter ring, it is infinitely adjustable within it’s range as there are no detentes, just ability to adjust smoothly.

So far then, you can set up the drone turned on when on the ground in your hand, orientate to an optimal shooting direction(s) and adjusting the filter to a respectable shutter speed for frame rate before taking off ?

I see just this advancement as a reason to buy an M2P, honestly.

What an advantage with the half decent camera, because filter 1 is ready to shoot any video at ideal settings, filter 2 is ready to set to take awesome stills with long exposure effect.

Gawdm do I have room for drone 3 in my life ?
The Spark hardly gets a look in now as it is.

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod
It turns smoothly but I have a difficult time trying to adjust filter without getting my finger prints on the lense.

I don't have fat fingers but it's a bit of a challenge keeping the filter smudge free while adjusting them.

Well I do have big hands and that might knock what I had in mind in the head but still look forward to getting them today even if they don't work out. Guess I just after a while love trying new stuff .
If I had the money I have from just trying stuff thats in a wish I hadn't bought it box I could get another M2P maybe. :(

Reactions: Jwatts2344

Yes, in fact i sometimes get a gimbal error and have to reboot due to holding the gimbal steady whilst I fumble to turn the filter

Reactions: Jwatts2344
Guys these things are back in stock for 49 bucks on Amazon
but only a few left. Just ordered mine tonite. Be here Wednesday Thumbswayup

I ordered mine Monday and they arrived today while I was at work. So excited! I'll be trying them out tomorrow evening after work.

Did you get yours, dirk?

I ordered mine Monday and they arrived today while I was at work. So excited! I'll be trying them out tomorrow evening after work.

Did you get yours, dirk?
Yes and did put one on. My fingers are so big I found it
difficult to adjust that bezel so just decided to send em back.
To be honest all I have ever really used was a nd#8 and is on the mp. Never take it off as for what I do it is fine. So just going to get a PP Nd 8 and leave it on.
The workmanship on them was great they just didn’t suit me.

The beveled edge on the outside of the filter cannot be easily gripped from the sides. While the edge sticks out just enough to grip it, I found it was easily adjustable when placing my fingers at the top and bottom here:

1570701151827.png

Here are some closeup shots that show the beveled edge at the top of the filter:

1570701183058.png

1570701192980.png

1570701198467.png

I received mine a couple of days ago after a long wait for shipping from China. I put one on and it fit well. They look to be nice quality. I didn't have a problem adjusting them although I do have some concern about trying to do it after the bird is turned on. I don't like touching the gimbal when it is powered. I did a quick flight. I had no gimble problems. I have not had a chance to look at the results though.

I received mine a couple of days ago after a long wait for shipping from China. I put one on and it fit well. They look to be nice quality. I didn't have a problem adjusting them although I do have some concern about trying to do it after the bird is turned on. I don't like touching the gimbal when it is powered. I did a quick flight. I had no gimble problems. I have not had a chance to look at the results though.
Regarding adjusting the filter, why not adjust it before you power on the Mavic 2, and if that needs to be adjusted, power the M2 down, adjust and then back on? A tad more work but no more than dedicated f-stop filters?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev