DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full ATTI Mode?

Ive found another way, if you hack the sdk, so you can change all parameters from the app, in realtime :)
This is not firmware hacking. Can't understand why you think that?
Because you said that yourself?
This works exactly the same way as debug mode. If you look at the diff you might get it.
It may work exactly the same, but one uses the functionality of DJI Assistant, no hacking required, while the other methods are hacks. Just to be clear - I'm not criticizing your approach - I was just addressing your observation in post #37 that there were other ways to do it, and pointing out that while there have always been other ways to effect parameter changes via hacks, there are no other ways to enable Assistant developer mode, which was what I had stated.

Got'a link? I tried two googles and got nothing.

Chris
Just rechecked, 1800 people signed up for Tripod lobby
SIGN THE BRING BACK TRIPOD MODE/ GIVE US ADJUSTABLE SPEED CINE MODE PETITION here: http://change.org/tripodmode
If you have time, crack open a cold one and watch this video, Bloom explains why Tripod mode provides the unique ability to jib, crane, dolly and track etc. in tight situations. This guy knows his stuff.
If you're short on time just step through to 52 secs.

Last edited:
ATTI mode is suitable for cruising, if you want to enable it on Mavic 3, you can contact me , Replace maybe Sport mode to Atti Mode

cause you must lost a mode to enable ATTI , maybe S or T , you can choose
Yeah, this is the way we did it before, nothing new. Are you using the DJI Assistant app in debug mode, or are you changing the switch value using a different method?

Chris

Also, I thought the M3 did not have Tripod mode (on a physical switch). Are you saying that the parameter still exists in the aircraft's software/firmware?

Chris

Also, I thought the M3 did not have Tripod mode (on a physical switch). Are you saying that the parameter still exists in the aircraft's software/firmware?

Chris
yes , they all there
258:258:enable_multiple_mode|g_config.control.multi_control_mode_enable type: uint8 min:0 max:1 def:1 value: 1
259:259:fswitch_selection|g_config.control.control_mode[0] type: uint8 min:0 max:18 def:12 value: 12
260:260:fswitch_selection_1|g_config.control.control_mode[1] type: uint8 min:0 max:18 def:8 value: 8
261:261:fswitch_selection_2|g_config.control.control_mode[2] type: uint8 min:0 max:18 def:7 value: 7

For those who don't like fiddling around with the SW, another way to practice ATTI which is a valuable skill, try the following. If your fortunate enough to have an open space indoors, a basement or playroom and you have a fan with oscillation mode, clear away any light objects like papers, plastic ornaments. Setup the fan with oscillation and launch your drone. If your not so confident, start with the fan on low with no oscillation and build up. Practice controlling the drone moving left right, fore and aft then slowly yaw the drone through 360 degrees. If you have plenty of space, try a slow figure of eight. If your not used to ATTI you'll find it tricky especially with the drone facing you but you'll soon get the hang of it. If this makes you nervous then get some prop guards.

Reactions: solidhouse
They are marketed to anyone who needs the features they offer.
And that includes a lot of people that know what they are doing.
I share this opinion. I'm hardly a noob, and I use and appreciate all the automation available under many shooting situations. Often flying is a burden when filming is the objective.

I love to fly. Got an FPV for that :D

As for DJI implementing a new way of flying in ATTI both in its new and not yet so old UAS like the M2P (Better known as the School Drone), it would not be a big problem in terms of preventing cases from rising in CareRefresh, since in the case of the DJI FPV Drone, its CareRefresh perfectly excludes from its coverage any "accident" that occurred in manual mode. For those of us who are instructors (ATTI mode is mandatory) it would be a good solution, without prejudice to its benefits.

Racing doesn't do a thing for me. I buy these things as photography platforms only.

Yes, photography—welcome to the conversation. But this is the Mavic 3 forum, yes? I understand that the M3 has no Tripod mode.

And I disagree on the 'far superior' part. Tripod mode mellows out acceleration, speed, and breaking, but it does not eliminate them altogether ATTI is much smoother, which is why would would enable it on the M2P even though we had a tripod mode.

Some people even used the TRIPOD switch position for ATTI mode (sacrificing tripod mode). I sacrificed SPORT mode myself.

Chris
>I sacrificed SPORT mode myself.
Chris, that is my thinking too. Keep Tripod, sacrifice Sport, which has no collision avoidance anyways. I have been reading lots here to find exactly this! My only question is: do "P" and "T" modes access full power when for example, handling a big gust of wind while hovering? Or does "S" buck winds with more power available--always wondered about that. Thanks.
ps; I have versions 2.x and 1.1.2 coexisting on my Win desktop. As others have commented, no need to remove one's existing newer version just do not run them simultaneously.

Last edited:
For Windows users who follow: if Notepad and file permissions will not allow you to save your changes to Main.js, just download and use Notepad++ its free and will let you save the changes in Administator mode. I installed it barebones without all the lookup accessories for those who write programming scripts. Worked great!

For Windows users who follow: if Notepad and file permissions will not allow you to save your changes to Main.js, just download and use Notepad++ its free and will let you save the changes in Administator mode. I installed it barebones without all the lookup accessories for those who write programming scripts. Worked great!
Or simply right-click on the Notepad icon and choose "Run as administrator"! Then navigate to the folder where Main,js is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov