DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s10 no longer runs fly app

@DowntownRDB interesting! Thumbswayup I tried to uninstall and completely wipe every trace of the app, and then reinstall. It ran fine the 1st time and I could fly the drone, but then wouldn't run again after that. I may have missed a crucial remnant when I tried to wipe the old installation of the app though.?

Anyone with an exynos powered s10 tried the new .400 version of the app with android 10?

Yes, dosen't work. The .300 App starts with the Workaround but the .400 have no way to start.

Used the APK from the DJI Site and also try to install and update from the Playstore. So if you want to fly use the .300 Version.
Anyone with an exynos powered s10 tried the new .400 version of the app with android 10?

• Sad
Reactions: scro
Contacted DJI today (Jan 3rd 2020) about this issue. Got the following response.
"we are still testing the compatibility of the DJI Fly app on Android 10. We don't have an exact date yet on when the DJI Fly app will be compatible with the Android 10.We strongly suggest to use a different mobile device that is running on Android 9."

Hi i have written ti dji support. Today This is the answer. So we have to wait.

Alec (DJI Support)

1月4日 04:10 CST

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. This issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10 and S10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in the next version of the DJI Fly app. This will be solved in the late January.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

If you have questions or other concerns that need to be addressed, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am just an email away to help.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Alec
DJI Technical Support

Reactions: Jason_M and scro
App versions are 1.0.3/1.0.4
.300/.400 is the firmware on the RC/AC which has little to with whether an app works on a phone.

Anyone else using a galaxy s10? Mine did a major android update yesterday and now doesn't seem to run the fly app. It was working fine prior to this. I did get the fly app to run once, after trying a fresh reinstall of the app, but not again since. The app just gets stuck on a white screen with the dji logo at the bottom:(

Yes. I use a S10e, got this update yesterday and have the same problem now. To reinstall and restart does not solve the issue. Obviously temporary for some. The DJI Fly app seem a bit problematic since the beginning. First we had this extra 6 pixels thing showing on our players on our phones, and now since the update we cannot fly for who knows how long now! This is even worse comparing to the pixels thing. DJI, i hope you fix this problem this month since i am planning a trip this month and planned to shoot! :(

Last edited:
and now since the update we cannot fly for who knows how long now! This is even worse comparing to the pixels thing..
Dear friend, please read the thread again. The issue is not entirely the fault of DJI and their app. It's 50:50 with Samsung "Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10 and S10+ (Exynos)". There are plenty of other phones running Android 10 on other chipsets and devices that are non Samsung (or non Exynos) that are working without issues.

Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding, I'm not advocating either for DJI nor Samsung. As a consumer you need to make your own choice when you make a new purchase, whether this is a future phone and future drone. Judge this based on your previous experience.

Reactions: Thomas B and scro
On the contrary my friend, I feel the urge to reply, as you most probably did not understand my point.

To put it really simple:
  • IF you are unhappy with DJI Mini, don't buy your next drone from them, or return the product. Or you can also wait for them to fix it, this would be the reasonable aproach.
  • IF you are unhappy that it does not work because you have an incompatible chipset that does behave different, do not buy a future phone from them. Remember, that the Exinos is the "cheap" chipset compared to the Snapdragon (premium) that has no issues whatsoever on the same Phone with the same Android and same app. Who cares that the update is out for weeks? Let them fix it!
The choice is yours and no one is forcing you do to anything. Telling others whether they cannot or cannot comment on a public forum is both impolite and far-fetched. If you have any beef with either the drone manufacturer or the phone manufacturer, you are in the wrong place, as you should be on their public forum, providing feedback. This is a self-help forum, where everyone is helping, you on the other hand are just complaining.

And just to add something else:
I've answered in the other thread about the pixels that Billy K, the YT video reviewer has no clue. I was affected, you were affected and everyone who shot in 2.7 k was affected as well. Why would someone not talk about this in an honest video review? It's either because they are ignorant and only talk about the good, or they have no clue as no in depth review was made, and they were shooting 1080p footage only, where the lines are not visible. Yes, we know Billy, this is the same guy who took a new Skydio 2 and made it fly in high speed through thin tree branches making Skydio comment in the YT video comments and advise not to do it, or he made it follow him, on a public road where cars were present, with the same drone that cannot dodge moving objects. Hmm.. This being said, everyone can conclude on their own about skills, knowledge and responsibility combined with age.

This being said, enjoy your evening and don't be too offended. You'll find and learn more info on this forum, that on any YT video.

Last edited:
Nice! But at the moment the fly app 0.300 works perfect with the mavic .400 FW on Android 10 beta on my galaxy Note 10+ But nice to hear and looking forward to a 100% eorking App.
Status update from DJI support team!

They are promising DJI Fly app update with problem fix before mid January.

Dear friend, please read the thread again. The issue is not entirely the fault of DJI and their app. It's 50:50 with Samsung "Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10 and S10+ (Exynos)". There are plenty of other phones running Android 10 on other chipsets and devices that are non Samsung (or non Exynos) that are working without issues.

Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding, I'm not advocating either for DJI nor Samsung. As a consumer you need to make your own choice when you make a new purchase, whether this is a future phone and future drone. Judge this based on your previous experience.

I haven't followed this thread, but I am an affected Galaxy S10 user. When I, like many, bought their S10, we didn't get a choice of chipset. When the Mavic Mini was launched and for some time afterwards, DJI Fly worked fine on the S10/S10+ variants, whilst they were running Android 9.0.

The frustration has come from the fact that when the full non-beta release of Android 10.0 was deployed automatically, DJI Fly stopped working. The fact is that the biggest maker of drones had plenty of time to ensure functionality with future OS, other app proprietors managed it. The responsibility shouldn't lie with Samsung to ensure all third-party apps function, it should lie with the app proprietor to stay abreast of functionality, they have a lengthy beta phase to do this work.

This proves that DJI need to work on their end-to-end testing, the S10 family of phones are some of the most popular in the world and it's for that reason that the reviews on the Google Play store for the DJI Fly app are absolutely on the floor. I would have thought this alone would be motivation enough for DJI to place a higher level of priority towards fixing this issue as it has reflected badly, quite rightly, on them and not Samsung.

Reactions: Eddiedcfc
Status update from DJI support team!

They are promising DJI Fly app update with problem fix before mid January.

Oh it must be their schizophrenic support again. Are you sure about this response? This is the email i got today and i am sure she means the quarter of the year, as it usually is mentioned with quarter:

"Hello Mr. ....,

thank you for contacting DJI technical support.
I'm sorry but after checking all the information, I have to say that our development is still working hard on an update to make Android 10 work. Unfortunately, I currently have to advise to reset to Android 9 or to use another mobile device. We hope that the update will appear later this quarter. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Should you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. I am more than glad to help you.
Have a nice day!
Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Monika L.
Technical Support DJI GmbH"

It is not the first time some of them say different things though (thinking about the 6 pixel problem) . Lets see what their response is next.

Last edited:
:( Oh god.... i can't understand why they dosen't get the App compatibel with a brand thats a leader in the market. The Go4 App have no issues on Android 10 on my Samsung phone. So i stay on .300... Thats works the most time
Oh it must be their schizophrenic support again. Are you sure about this response? This is the email i got today and i am sure she means the quarter of the year, as it usually is mentioned with quarter:

"Hello Mr. ....,

thank you for contacting DJI technical support.
I'm sorry but after checking all the information, I have to say that our development is still working hard on an update to make Android 10 work. Unfortunately, I currently have to advise to reset to Android 9 or to use another mobile device. We hope that the update will appear later this quarter. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Should you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. I am more than glad to help you.
Have a nice day!
Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Monika L.
Technical Support DJI GmbH"

It is not the first time some of them say different things though (thinking about the 6 pixel problem) . Lets see what their response is next.

:( Oh god.... i can't understand why they dosen't get the App compatibel with a brand thats a leader in the market. The Go4 App have no issues on Android 10 on my Samsung phone. So i stay on .300... Thats works the most time
The problem is that Android OS is open source and is modified “willy nilly” by every different manufacturer using it and often for every model they sell.

Yes, i rather do that too instead of going back to Android 9 ?. How do you mean most of the time? If its like that i might as well try this as well (instead of going back to .300 with the 6 pixels):

Last edited:
Guys,

There is a working solution without downgrading your Android and any other manipulations that may lead to problems with warranty or your drone.
I've tested this solution on my S10 + Mavic Mini. The key issue that v.1.0.4 is not compatible and we will need DJI to fix it. BUT. There is a way to use previous version - v.1.0.3.

I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3

There are instructions posted in the video description. I've talked to several users of S10 on a DJI's forum and they've managed to make v.1.0.3 work carefully following those instructions. No need to reset / restart your phone or do anything harmful to the system. It's an easy fix until DJI release a working update

I flew around 3h without any problem with the .300 App. But from time to time you have to reinstall the .300 app because they start crashing again.

For 4 times the .400 works good on my samsung note10+ with android 10. Still strange.
Yes, i rather do that too instead of going back to Android 9 [emoji21]. How do you mean most of the time? If its like that i might as well try this as well (instead of going back to .300 with the 6 pixels):

Guys,

There is a working solution without downgrading your Android and any other manipulations that may lead to problems with warranty or your drone.
I've tested this solution on my S10 + Mavic Mini. The key issue that v.1.0.4 is not compatible and we will need DJI to fix it. BUT. There is a way to use previous version - v.1.0.3.

I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3

There are instructions posted in the video description. I've talked to several users of S10 on a DJI's forum and they've managed to make v.1.0.3 work carefully following those instructions. No need to reset / restart your phone or do anything harmful to the system. It's an easy fix until DJI release a working update
Hello dessol. I am the one on the dji forum, we replied to each other there as well, and i sent a last answer that, yes, i followed those steps twice, and i am sure that mine which is S10e is irrelevant cause it is S10 series in general right.

However, i do have to ask for more details of these two points: "- Open any file manager (native Samsung's will work just fine)" and "- Wait until ZIP package is downloaded and unpacked ". By the first i am sure you mean deleting the Dji files/folders when opened on my PC or my phone, correct? By the second i am don't see what you mean actually cause there is no zip package downloaded and unpacked in my process. I just install the downloaded .003 app (apkmirror) and thats it. The first time i could open it as mentioned (i am sure i actually did this with the "DJI GO method solution" though to be honest) and did a download (if that is the one you mean?) in the app before coming to the step to put in my creds etc. That first time i did not fly the drone though (had to go to sleep) as mentioned too, but when i was going to the next day it did not work, app crashed, tried twice.

Last edited:
I flew around 3h without any problem with the .300 App. But from time to time you have to reinstall the .300 app because they start crashing again.

For 4 times the .400 works good on my samsung note10+ with android 10. Still strange.
So i tried this "install DJI GO app method", and guess what: It works, well once so far, AND the 6 pixels problem that where present with the .003 version are gone ? . Don't get it, the 6 pixels are gone, a problem that where actually solved with the .004 version, and the pixels gone with the previous version. This is a X-file :D .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S