DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting a lot of no fly zones

chino316

Reactions
Hi,
Does anybody know how to bypass or disable the no fly zone? Cause I used to fly in my large backyard a lot, but today when I turned it on to fly I got the no fly zone and I couldn’t take off? Any suggestions how to do this?

What's the reason for it? Have you checked maps etc to see if it's a TFR or something temporary?

I visit Fort Lauderdale often. I used to be able to fly near where I stay, over water canals as well as some nearby baseball and soccer fields. Now, I find myself on the border of a no fly zone. (Pompano Airport just under 5 miles away) In any case, aside from just wanting to "play around" I really want to fly my Mavic around the many scenic canals in the area. (with no real need to fly up over 100ft) Reviewing the DJI unlocking request procedures of filling out the request info far in advance with dates, reasons and personal info....is making this request just a waste of time? Has anyone gone through this process yet?

I visit Fort Lauderdale often. I used to be able to fly near where I stay, over water canals as well as some nearby baseball and soccer fields. Now, I find myself on the border of a no fly zone. (Pompano Airport just under 5 miles away) In any case, aside from just wanting to "play around" I really want to fly my Mavic around the many scenic canals in the area. (with no real need to fly up over 100ft) Reviewing the DJI unlocking request procedures of filling out the request info far in advance with dates, reasons and personal info....is making this request just a waste of time? Has anyone gone through this process yet?

TFR is in effect till 1/1/18 @5pm due to Trump at Mar a lago.

TFR is in effect till 1/1/18 @5pm due to Trump at Mar a lago.
thank you! makes sense. good to know you are paying attention.
i would still like to know if anybody has gone through the unlock process.

Last edited:
I live near the Pompano Beach airport. You can go to the DJI Geo web site put your controler serial number in, agree to all of the conditions stated in the web site including calling the Pompano Beach tower tell them where when and how high you will be flying. They will ask you stay below 100 feet and to call them back when finished. This will unlock your Mavec immediately so you can fly for I think for 48 hours before you need to repeat the process.

thank you! makes sense. good to know you are paying attention.
i would still like to know if anybody has gone through the unlock process.

I was able to unlock the TFR NFZ last night in Deerfield by the pier. It took like 4 try's and it finally unlocked. I lifted to 86 feet and came back down for a total of 2 minutes. Just wanted to see if it would actually fly and not do an auto land.

I was able to unlock my NFZ. I also have pass the Part 107 test. my home is legal not in a fly zone according to my part 107 license. but with this new Mavic 2 pro and software update, the mavic controller says that I am. I have been flying here in my back yard for over 5 years. with no issues with my other drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo