DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting A PfCO and Becoming a Professional

Bwoody321

Reactions
So I’m thinking about doing drones for a job, and I need some advice on a few things. Firstly, how should I go about setting up my business? Secondly, is one drone enough or do I need more and finally, is it worth the hassle? Thanks in advance - BW

Before anything else, have a good think about what "doing drones for a job" actually means to you

Reactions: Bwoody321
I am also curious about what "doing drones for a job" means. If it is videography as in wedding, real estate, etc. then you also need to be very good at video editing and producing. As for setting up your business, you would need the proper licensing and insurance and a professionally produced web site that includes several samples of your work would be necessary. Just be prepared to get constantly undercut as more and more drone owners get the same idea.

So I’m thinking about doing drones for a job, and I need some advice on a few things. Firstly, how should I go about setting up my business? Secondly, is one drone enough or do I need more and finally, is it worth the hassle? Thanks in advance - BW

With the above, what's going to separate YOU from the 2000+ others in the field? Do you give free gift boxes? Free cigars? Price?

What are you going to bring to the table instead of me hiring the guy down the street to shoot stuff for $50? (Has a PfCO or not)
That's the sort of things you need to ask yourself, then move forward and plan.

Understood. As a high school student, this is all very helpful and I’m appreciative of the help. I will definitely have a think about that thanks guys. I think my aim is going to be low prices but quality job, I know that people will undercut me but I will try and ensure the best service possible to my customers in the future. (If I even choose to do this that is) And as for what I mean by “doing drones as a job”, I’m not quite sure yet - like I said, I’m in high school so I’m not being that serious just yet. I’m thinking maybe cinematography or some kind of inspection work probably, perhaps alongside some consulting and advice for newbies in high school like me [emoji23](maybe a bit older but you get the gist) Anyway, thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I think my aim is going to be low prices but quality job
No - wrong approach, why delivering good work and being paid crappy ...
Look around in your area what similar 'drone work' is charging for a specific task. Be somehow at their level and do not try to undermine others. (with comparable equipment of course)
Starting cheap and you will unlikely reach 'better' prices later.

No - wrong approach, why delivering good work and being paid crappy ...
Look around in your area what similar 'drone work' is charging for a specific task. Be somehow at their level and do not try to undermine others. (with comparable equipment of course)
Starting cheap and you will unlikely reach 'better' prices later.

Okay thank you will do that if all goes well

Do you aim at companies or non-corporates? If first, don't be to cheap.If you do solid work, you should get solid money. If you need references, ask a few, smaller companies in your region if they'll put a video with your credits as payment on their website.
Smaller because mostly they are more flexible and you want the money from the bigger ones. Except it would be an awesome reference.

Search for the marketing contacts and write them an email. Think about what you can deliver for the company and ask for an invite to talk about that. You can also do this beforehand. If you get positive feedback, get all the things rolling.

Greetings
Jürgen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60