DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting a red signal on Visual Navigation Settings

Mike_in_Letcombe

Reactions
I am getting perfect video transmission and, as far as I can tell, excellent remote control connection. The Mavic is flying fine.

But...I'm getting a 'red' signal warning in DJI Go (and Go4) which, when I touch them, takes me into the 'Visual Navigation Settings' menu. Please see screen grab below - the red signal has a capital 'R' inside. Cannot see any reason for this in the menus - everything appears fine but it makes me nervous when I get 'red' bars. Any ideas? By the way, was purposely disconnected from aircraft, but the situation is the same when connected.
461e09705d2ce02a529810c58798d283.jpg

Last edited:
Just a longshot, are the vps sensors unobstructed (transparant stickers)? I take it's not your first flight with it.

It's only white if all visual settings are enabled and providing valid data.
Disable OA, red all the time. Enable everything but have the aircraft on the ground (i.e. no valid sonar alti reading), red.

Crusader: as far as I can tell , nothing on any of them. Kilrah: makes sense, I shall try flying again tomorrow and switch everything on , once up in the air will check again. I just couldn't find ANYTHING in all the DJI manuals.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It's only white if all visual settings are enabled and providing valid data.
Disable OA, red all the time. Enable everything but have the aircraft on the ground (i.e. no valid sonar alti reading), red.

Right, took it out again this morning and used my iPad Mini (so I had a better view - my iPhone SE is a bit small.) Put all sensors on, still had the red bars. Took off and they immediately went to white - and stayed there until I landed. So looks like Kilrah was correct, I appear to be worried about nothing - the Mavic is just feeding back valid info. Pity they don't give further details on this in the manuals. I also have a P4 (with sensors as well) but have never noticed this with the P4. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78