DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting caution message?? Does anyone know what this means?

RAMJET-1

Reactions
I have had a message pop up on the app screen during flight three times now since last Friday. I don't know what it means. It appears to be a caution message (triangle with !). Does DJI have a message list of warnings and cautions that could occur with a descriptive meaning/explanation as to what each message is? Below is the message I am seeing.

"Braking now. Return sticks to midpoints first."

I was flying forward and it was almost dark at the time.

Regards,

It means the obstacle avoidance system thinks there is an obstacle ahead of the Mavic. If it continues to happen and only occurs at night (or in poor lighting conditions), you can prevent it from occurring by disabling obstacle avoidance in DJI GO.

It means the obstacle avoidance system thinks there is an obstacle ahead of the Mavic. If it continues to happen and only occurs at night (or in poor lighting conditions), you can prevent it from occurring by disabling obstacle avoidance in DJI GO.

Okay... That makes since although there wasn't any obstacles in site. It was almost dark though and after the Braking now message I received another message that Forward Obstacle Sensor not working due to low light condition. Do you know if DJI provides a descriptive list of messages? It would help if us pilots know what their meanings truly are and why the message was displayed. Thank you sir for helping and answering my questions.

Do you know if DJI provides a descriptive list of messages?
They do not. You should be able to find more information about a specific message by searching for it in Google.

If you remember calibrate the obstacle avoidance it should cure the problem. There are a few glitchy messages on the Mavic at the moment but it's definitely getting better

If you're flying near sunset, and the camera goes across the sun, the OA can pick up glare and think it's about to collide with something.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121