DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Started

MeenSeen

Reactions
So my big issue is getting started. I don't know where I can fly, not in the restricted sense, just good places in my area. Finding folks, clubs, etc. Any advice?

Reactions: Torque
So my big issue is getting started. I don't know where I can fly, not in the restricted sense, just good places in my area. Finding folks, clubs, etc. Any advice?

Get the B4YouFly app or use the online version. It's the FAA's official word on where you can fly. Don't trust the DJI system to keep you out of restricted or prohibited airspace. Be aware that there may be local regulations, too.

As for specific good places to fly, just look around for open spaces with few people. There's a map of forum member locations that might point to some other folks near you. Have you looked at the DJI Fly Spots feature in the app?

I started flying on Saturdays at the local school football field. Plenty of room and no people. Fly safe and stay safe!

I started flying on Saturdays at the local school football field. Plenty of room and no people. Fly safe and stay safe!
So I took what you said here and considered. I went to the local elementary school last week and just flew for about 45 minutes. Had a blast and was safe and open (big open swath next to school for high pressure natural gas pipeline). Appreciate the input.

Reactions: Torque
As for specific good places to fly, just look around for open spaces with few people. There's a map of forum member locations that might point to some other folks near you. Have you looked at the DJI Fly Spots feature in the app?
Good advice!

You're in the US... there are 62.126 Slugs (a Ton) of incredible places to fly here.

This ain't Kenya 🤣🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman