DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal broken?

Lombyy

Reactions
So I just recently got a mavic pro and wast practicing flying around my backyard, I had it on beginner mode with all the sensors calibrated ect. I ended up clipping the roof gutter of my house and crashed the drone pretty hard, few broken propellers no big deal but the gimbal/camera is facing down and I can't get it back to normal watched heaps of videos and tried the assistant app but nothing's working. Is it dead or am I missing something?

Probably the dreaded ribbon cable, what does the gimbal do on power up?
Any pictures?
What would that cost to fix do you think? When I turn it on I t flips up and then down and then settles facing down..

Attachments

• IMG_2998.JPG
    IMG_2998.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Not seen it that before but if its not going left/right and the camera roll then its likely to be the ribbon cable

It maybe more though possibly a motor set

Ribbon cable I bought one for £20, motor set for £50 (came with ribbon)

Its a bit fiddly to work on and if you are in the US @Thunderdrones does parts and a repair service

****! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of it! Thanks for your help! I'm in AUS so I'll look around for a drone shop see I can get somebody to fix it!

Unfortunately most places that repair them are dji approved and charge a lot for the privilege

of course haha oh well it's no good to as is so I'll just have to be more careful

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise