DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal broken?

Lombyy

Reactions
So I just recently got a mavic pro and wast practicing flying around my backyard, I had it on beginner mode with all the sensors calibrated ect. I ended up clipping the roof gutter of my house and crashed the drone pretty hard, few broken propellers no big deal but the gimbal/camera is facing down and I can't get it back to normal watched heaps of videos and tried the assistant app but nothing's working. Is it dead or am I missing something?

Probably the dreaded ribbon cable, what does the gimbal do on power up?
Any pictures?
What would that cost to fix do you think? When I turn it on I t flips up and then down and then settles facing down..

Attachments

• IMG_2998.JPG
    IMG_2998.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Not seen it that before but if its not going left/right and the camera roll then its likely to be the ribbon cable

It maybe more though possibly a motor set

Ribbon cable I bought one for £20, motor set for £50 (came with ribbon)

Its a bit fiddly to work on and if you are in the US @Thunderdrones does parts and a repair service

****! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of it! Thanks for your help! I'm in AUS so I'll look around for a drone shop see I can get somebody to fix it!

Unfortunately most places that repair them are dji approved and charge a lot for the privilege

of course haha oh well it's no good to as is so I'll just have to be more careful

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle